Corsair Community

Will we see a firmware update to fix performance issues in Force GT?

sblantipodi

Other reviews uses only simple benchmark, nothing near the real life usage with a queue depth greater than 1. So I think that that reviews is more reliable than others.

So what is the answer to my question?

no, corsair is not working on a performance fix? or it will fix performance problem with queue depth greater than 1?

I disagree that is a serious problem, it is still one of the fastest SATA III drives and I would not believe one benchmark. Buy what you like in the current state, do not buy a drive with the hopes that a new firmware version will come out. Yes Corsair and SandForce produce firmware updates but they are surprises, the information describing what the firmwares will contain and their release dates is not available until it's actually available.

Been running the drive for almost 2 weeks now, and no trouble with performance here. Running stable and super quick 24/7.

And FYI, do notice that the max iops disk they are testing against is a 240gb. The bigger the capacity, the faster it works. So the test itself is useless. When testing ssd drives up against each other; use SAME capacity ssds.

And FYI, do notice that the max iops disk they are testing against is a 240gb. The bigger the capacity, the faster it works. So the test itself is useless. When testing ssd drives up against each other; use SAME capacity ssds.

Nice catch

I had some performance issues myself. What made it worse was the random hangs while doing simple tasks like surfing the net. Im pretty sure I have cured my issues my making some registry changes. I disabled LPM on the port that my drive is plugged in to. There are some instructions on how to do that if you do a quick search as long as your on the intel controller. Im not suggesting that you do that. Just saying after I did that all my problems seamed to go away.

Archived