Corsair Community

H100i high temps?

panduhsaur

specs: non overclocked,

3770k, asrock extreme4

H100i (usb @ v2.0; h100i @1.0.4; corsair link @ v2.2) [i know that there is issues with the 1.0.4 but I can't downgrade reguardless I don't have any of the main issues]

My temps are pretty high for a non oc system at idle. With ambient temps at ~21C.

Posted below is RealTemp of system running for ~3 hrs and the corsair link.

under stress it sits at ~70C

So is this normal for the h100i if not is it just the fw?

Thanks for the help

RealTemp.png.33878b64a9994d7402d8e312d7dfca09.png

784652485_corsairlink.thumb.png.f83004d23c97fe6017d5d031e77ad463.png

3770K has poor TIM between the IHS and the die so they run warmer anyway (shows at idle and load). That said while 70C isn't strictly a bad temp for it, we'd all like it to be cooler.

Do you have any temps from your previous cooler? If the Hydro doesn't outperform your old cooler by at least 5 degrees we'll have to look a little further.

3770K has poor TIM between the IHS and the die so they run warmer anyway (shows at idle and load). That said while 70C isn't strictly a bad temp for it, we'd all like it to be cooler.

Do you have any temps from your previous cooler? If the Hydro doesn't outperform your old cooler by at least 5 degrees we'll have to look a little further.

Oh I see. So they're going to be high reguardless of what TIM I use?

note: I removed the stock corsair one and put on mx-4 (cleaned and reapplied twice for error)

But the thing is I had around the same temps while on stock cooler

So there is an issue. I suspect it's not seated right. Have you removed and checked the compound to make sure the pump is sitting dead square? It's not easy to hold these coolers down firmly while tightening the screws down, I've seen 'experts' having problems.

The stiffness of the pipes doesn't help either.

So there is an issue. I suspect it's not seated right. Have you removed and checked the compound to make sure the pump is sitting dead square? It's not easy to hold these coolers down firmly while tightening the screws down, I've seen 'experts' having problems.

I'll try reseating tomorrow

How tight is tight? When I hand tightened my h100i I noticed the thumb screws were wonky.I took it off and the stand off screws was bent all 4 off them!

the 3770K shouldn't be that high, especially when not OCed.

you should be around 30 degrees idle, and around 60 degrees on full load after 1h of prime95.

your temps are about 10 degrees higher than what it should be.

Check to see if the plates are correctly tight up.

Hydro will idle a little high on a hot CPU like 3770k but will load well. Mine runs 75 approximately under load on air but 29 at idle. Mine defaults to 3.9ghz 1.22v tho. Guess gigabyte probably did that to get an edge in reviews. Over clocked I'm mid 80s.

What are you overclocked at? when I tried to find a stable 4.5 ghz it easily hit 90 and in excess of 100

Just had to click the drop down ^^^

Well. After leaving pc on for a day, after I kinda jiggled the cooler on and re tightened (no repaste) min was 29 and max was 59. All I did was play path of exile as the most "stressful" program. But it seems an average would still be ~38c for the hottest core. As I type this with only skype running these are the temps. 32, 38, 35, 34 and load sits at ~3%.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: After looking around at reviews and what not, I have concluded that the issue of my above average temps are caused by my motherboard. I use the Asrock Extreme4, the reason why it creates high temps is because the pcb on the motherboard is alot thinner.

On a side note, I have some extra SP120 fans but I don't have any extra screws to mount them, so I will provide an update after I install them.

Hope this update helps people using an Asrock extreme4 and the H100i

Doesn't matter how thick PCB is distance between back of socket and IHS of CPU will still be the same. Had a z68 extreme3 with h60 and h100 with no issues. 3770k runs crazy hot. Mines so hot I can't get 4.5ghz but I need more than 1.3v to get it. If u can get 4.4ghz and stay under 90 urtemps are normal.

Doesn't matter how thick PCB is distance between back of socket and IHS of CPU will still be the same. Had a z68 extreme3 with h60 and h100 with no issues.

In the conclusion page they say that it idles at ~40c too.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/02/06/asrock_z77_extreme4_lga_1155_motherboard_review/#.UR0REqWhDzI

On a side note, I noticed a 10c drop in temps when I switched to my friend's system which is a gigabyte motherboard. So I'll safely assume it's my motherboard

edit: I saw your edit, and I can't oc to 4.0ghz without hitting 90c

Doesn't matter how thick PCB is distance between back of socket and IHS of CPU will still be the same. Had a z68 extreme3 with h60 and h100 with no issues. 3770k runs crazy hot. Mines so hot I can't get 4.5ghz but I need more than 1.3v to get it. If u can get 4.4ghz and stay under 90 urtemps are normal.

it doesn't run that hot, don't be so dramatic.

with about 1.21 Vcore, at 4.5Ghz, with I barely hit 75 with intel burn test, and about 72 with Prime95.

Some motherboard however just put a lot more Vcore than needed, that could simply be it too.

He needs to check how much Vcore he has on idle and on full load ( and by full load I don't mean gaming, I mean Intel burn test, prime95 or similar)

it doesn't run that hot, don't be so dramatic.

with about 1.21 Vcore, at 4.5Ghz, with I barely hit 75 with intel burn test, and about 72 with Prime95.

Some motherboard however just put a lot more Vcore than needed, that could simply be it too.

He needs to check how much Vcore he has on idle and on full load ( and by full load I don't mean gaming, I mean Intel burn test, prime95 or similar)

Hodded isn't known for being dramatic...

It could very well be that his CPU just runs hotter than yours. It's no secret they do run real hot and CPU's will vary from one to another.

Hodded isn't known for being dramatic...

It could very well be that his CPU just runs hotter than yours. It's no secret they do run real hot and CPU's will vary from one to another.

Well, maybe. I don't know.

I just did 1h intelburn test with maximum stress settings.

Highest temp was 80 degrees, because all fans are on my motherboard and temp regulated. it's normally around 78 degrees in the test.

My Vore drops from 1.21V on Idle to 1.15V in full use, and that's with 4.5Ghz mind you, and 2133Mhz Ram.

Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know, but some motherboard seems to increase voltage too much by default, so then you'll hit higher temps ofc.

1hInterBurnTest.thumb.jpg.9ff16bf815cac79c1873c181d5b63a27.jpg

well with mine at 4.4ghz 1.25 voltage and doing small fft on prime 95 it hits 105C with the room being about 18C and really good cooling inside the computer with a H80i so 70C really isnt that hot

edit: but with blend or something only reaches about 85-90C

well with mine at 4.4ghz 1.25 voltage and doing small fft on prime 95 it hits 105C with the room being about 18C and really good cooling inside the computer with a H80i so 70C really isnt that hot

edit: but with blend or something only reaches about 85-90C

then don't try intel burn test. it's like 5 degrees hotter for me compare to Prime95.

More than 85 is a bit much. I don't know how you can have so high temps.

small fft actually causes more heat than blend on prime 95 and even more heat than intelburntest (because its not using as much memory which makes the cpu able to work faster)

and the throttling temp is 105C NOT saying thats a safe temp but i consider anything below 85-90 to be safe thats just my opinion though

small fft actually causes more heat than blend...try it

and the throttling temp is 105C NOT saying thats a safe temp but i consider anything below 85-90 to be safe thats just my opinion though

I'm at 71 degrees with some fft on mine with 4.5Ghz after 3min. I doubt it's gonna go much higher.

Like I said, IntelBurnTest is well, actually 10 degrees hotter than the best prime95 test you can do.

there should be a small fft option check that dont change anything and run that...should be almost 10C hotter at least 5 than the blend option as its not using as much memory...less stressful on the cpu but gets hotter if that makes sense

anyway my point is the temps he was having are completely normal...even if its not overclocked as the processor is 22nm which runs a bit hotter

there should be a small fft option check that dont change anything and run that...should be almost 10C hotter at least 5 than the blend option as its not using as much memory...less stressful on the cpu but gets hotter if that makes sense

I'm doing small fft now. 7min already. Highest temp 73 degree compare to intelburntest maximum stress at 80 degrees max and average 78.

might depend if you have an i3 i5 i7 etc. also if you have the service pack 2 update for win7 or have win8 then i believe it makes it hotter with small fft...and so many other factors but for ME it runs about 2-5C hotter than intelburntest and small fft runs about 10C hotter than blend...but very very close...

edit:think i ment service pack 1

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/bryceeeeee/hottemps_zps15919a63.png

had it about 1.32 volts in that picture so of course its going to be hotter even with a 42 multiplier but definitely says 105C im just saying honostly i think its a joke (no offense) how people are like MY CPU IS 65-70C ITS BURNING UP...really?

might depend if you have an i3 i5 i7 etc. also if you have the service pack 2 update for win7 or have win8 then i believe it makes it hotter with small fft...and so many other factors but for ME it runs about 2-5C hotter than intelburntest and small fft runs about 10C hotter than blend...but very very close...

edit:think i ment service pack 1

i7 3770k 4.5Ghz service pack 1 (win7).

Anyway, since I'm using other fans (quieter), and regulated with temp, they were not even on full load!.

Now I'm at 69 degrees with small fft from prime95. after 15min or so.

Archived