Corsair Community

K70 LUX + PS4 + Fortnite

tomz997

Hi there,

I own K70 LUX Backlit RED - Cherry MX Browns. I use it on Playstation Pro 4 to play fortnite (I don't have a Gamer PC!)

For some reason my WASD key keeps getting stuck (not physically) e.g. after pressing W for like 5 seconds, when I let my key go, my character will keep moving forward for like a second. This problem also affects my ASD keys. It doesn't always happen but It happen regulary! I don't know if it's related but it seem to happen more often in combination with SHIFT and/or CTRL key, not sure about that last point.

Before buying the K70, I was using a old logitech G15 2nd gen and had ANY problem like that.

Someone had the same problem ? If not and using the same setup, what's you PS settings for key repeat (delay)and key repeat (rate). I tryied all and no difference.

Note1. K70 is connected in the rear PS4 Pro USB port because the K70's USB Connector doesn't fit in front ports, K70's connector is TOO FAT!

Note2. K70 Pooling rate swtich is in BIOS mode (switch on back of the keyboard - bios -1 -2 - 4 -8). No other way to make the keyboard works on PS4.

I know Corsair keyboard designed for PC's users but logitech too and logitech products works very well on PS4 (currently own G502 mouse and it's awesome)

Hey,

I could be that in the Fortnite settings that you have autorun on. If not, there could be a problem with the PS4, because they dont download specific drives so, if you have saved presets on the K70, then that could be mucking with the Gameplay.

Hope this helps.

• Corsair Employee
You shouldn't have any macros on the keyboard, it should only save static lighting. But to do soft reset, unplug it, hold ESC, replug it, count to 10 then let go of ESC. You should really do this on a PC, not sure if it'll work on a PS4.

You shouldn't have any macros on the keyboard, it should only save static lighting. But to do soft reset, unplug it, hold ESC, replug it, count to 10 then let go of ESC. You should really do this on a PC, not sure if it'll work on a PS4.

Why should a built-in combination command be in any way reliant on the host machine? Of course these are the same keyboards that have their capslock/numslock etc. lights screwed up by your CUE software, so nothing should surprise me.

I have no problem with the fact that lighting effects not working on my PS4 ... I just want to find a way to remove "ghost touches".

"My WASD key keeps getting stuck (not physically) e.g. after pressing W for like 5 seconds, when I let my key go, my character will keep moving forward for like a second. This problem also affects my ASD keys. It doesn't always happen but It happen regulary! I don't know if it's related but it seem to happen more often in combination with SHIFT and/or CTRL key, not sure about that last point. So, I always (often) fall from buildings because my character don't stop moving immediately after I release the key.

• 4 months later...

Archived