Corsair Community

K63 wireless keyboard

Ty3po

I received this keyboard and have been using it for over a week. Suddenly today, the keyboard's W key has stopped working as it was pressed while playing Overwatch. This key is set to move forward. Once I release and press the key again it works. This has happened several times within 30 minutes. Has anyone experienced this problem with the keyboard or one of the other Corsair mechanical keyboards and is there a fix without RMA?

• Corsair Employee
I received this keyboard and have been using it for over a week. Suddenly today, the keyboard's W key has stopped working as it was pressed while playing Overwatch. This key is set to move forward. Once I release and press the key again it works. This has happened several times within 30 minutes. Has anyone experienced this problem with the keyboard or one of the other Corsair mechanical keyboard and is there a fix without RMA?

Is this the only key that behave this way? Which version of iCUE do you have installed?

Is this the only key that behave this way? Which version of iCUE do you have installed?

Thanks for the response!

At this moment, only the W key is behaving this way. I am using 3.5.111 of iCUE and 1.02 of the keyboard itself.

May be a marginal switch. They are replaceable.

How are they replaced? Is that through an RMA or would this require personal maintenance that voids warranties? Is this a reoccurring problem with the K63?

I reapplied the firmware update of 1.02 and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. I played 3-4 matches on Overwatch without any key failures. Before, it would happen at least a few to several times in a match within an hour of playing.

The switches are modular and can be popped out to be replaced. In your case, refreshing the KB's FW seems to be working for you, so maybe something was confuddled. :)

Well sure they're modular, but you're going to have to remove solder and solder a new switch in, right?

If the K63 had an option for Cherry MX Blue switches it would make my life much easier... Cause as it stands now, I'm researching how much of a pain it'll be for me to buy a K63 then replace all the switches myself... I'm pretty sure the set of blue switches are going to run me at least 80 bucks..

Archived