Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Range

ImmortalRevenge

So I just decided to test the range on my v2k and am having some major problems. Forget 40ft entirely, mine won't let me leave the room without losing signal.

I've made sure it was fully charged, tried different usb slots, moved the dongle to a higher position... everything I can think of. I lose signal the second I leave my the room, which is maybe 10ft tops. :(:

Any idea why it would have such a short range? Does it really have that much trouble going through walls? We have 2.4GHz wireless phones that have no trouble whatsoever anywhere in the house. Same with our Wifi. I've also made sure to keep our phones and wifi far away from the headset & dongle to avoid any unwanted interference. :confused:

Anyone else having this problem?

This is a huge issue since with the current drivers this headset is actually a DOWNGRADE from the 1500 other than being wireless, but what good is being wireless if the range is only a couple feet longer than the 1500's cord? 50$ more for a downgraded 1500 with an extra couple feet of range makes for a poor product. =\

• Corsair Employee
What you are describing is not normal. If you are saying the range is not that much longer than the cord on the 1500 it could be your unit is defective. Are you able to try the headset on another computer, in maybe another room, or at a friends house and test?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this, I used my friend's laptop to test it's range in a completely open area with no walls, doors, windows or anything in the way and the headset seems to peak at roughly 20ft.

So this makes it ok if your not using it indoors, but with the addition of any barriers like a wall the range is instantly cut in half to around 10ft.

When taking these measurements I would walk until the headset cut out completely & move back in until it started working as long as I stood completely still. any movement of my head would cause the headset to cut out though. I'd give the range about a viable 18ft with no obstructions and 8ft with anything in the way.

Was there anything around you that could interfere on the 2.4 GHz range?

Nothing as far as I could tell(we were in a fairly open area with a laptop).

If it's between another 20$ shipping to replace them or dealing with it, I'll deal with it. They work at my desk, I just can't listen to music while I'm in another room like I would have liked(or take them into another room to have someone sample music before I burn a cd for them).

If shipping is free for replacements I would probably send them back and try a new pair. I do like the headset(hoping the drivers get at least as good as the 1500 eventually), they just don't have the reach I hoped for.

• Corsair Employee
They seem to vary slightly but 20-30 feet is normal I tested a pair in our office and through a wall at about 26-28 feet the signal started to drop or cut out in an open room the same head sets worked up to about 30 feet. So depending on the environment I would expect the same basic results.

Archived