Corsair Community

Commander Pro USB Resetting

ShadyPyro

No USB events logged overnight, iCUE logs show no drop of CoPro either. Looks like an internal USB hub IS the fix. But that begs the questions; why and how?

Ive been in C.S. my entire adult life, primarily network engineering and the only thing I can think of is that maybe the USB traffic through the hub is somehow encapsulated or something? Just really struggling to understand at a layer I, layer II level how this is working.

***Update***

24hrs uptime with no drops. confirmed via USB event viewer tool and reviewing iCue logs.

Considering buying one of these soon as it seems like Corsair hasn't stating anything about fixing this issue.

Keep us updated! I'll give it 72 hours before we can safely say it's working!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Considering buying one of these soon as it seems like Corsair hasn't stating anything about fixing this issue.

Keep us updated! I'll give it 72 hours before we can safely say it's working!

48hrs uptime with no issues. I’ll post again tomorrow.

If all clear likely be my final update.

48hrs uptime with no issues. I’ll post again tomorrow.

If all clear likely be my final update.

72hrs uptime with no usb events logged using USBLogView tool. No additional instances of CoPro insertion\initialization in iCUE logs. Satisfied to say that the hub did resolve my issue. Not sure how or why, it boggles my mind, but hey, its working

72hrs uptime with no usb events logged using USBLogView tool. No additional instances of CoPro insertion\initialization in iCUE logs. Satisfied to say that the hub did resolve my issue. Not sure how or why, it boggles my mind, but hey, its working

Still good? If so I guess I'll be ordering the USB Hub. Are you still able to control everything on ICUE ?

Still good? If so I guess I'll be ordering the USB Hub. Are you still able to control everything on ICUE ?

Yep still good.

Since the NZXT hub is kind of sparsely stocked I ordered and installed this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHQF92K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was apprehensive about installing it but its actually made quite well and uses SATA power rather than molex (NZXT).

I have just the commander pro connected to it, and the RBG hub connected to lighting channel 1 of the CoPro. Four LL120 fans connected to CoPro as well.

Also, I did not even have to connect the USB header hub to sata power, it seems to be functioning fine without it and drawing power from the motherboard since installation. That being said, if more devices were added i'd imagine power supplementation would be required.

Yes, CoPro is controllable through iCue. Just to reiterate, only the copro is connected to teh hub. my H100i is connected to the mainboard USB header. So both 2.0 headers on the board itself are occupied.

I dont know why this is working, it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. But it does work. I've been up and working with zero disconnect events for almost a week.

Edited by ConfigTBRZ

Yep still good.

Since the NZXT hub is kind of sparsely stocked I ordered and installed this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHQF92K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was apprehensive about installing it but its actually made quite well and uses SATA power rather than molex (NZXT).

I have just the commander pro connected to it, and the RBG hub connected to lighting channel 1 of the CoPro. Four LL120 fans connected to CoPro as well.

Also, I did not even have to connect the USB header hub to sata power, it seems to be functioning fine without it and drawing power from the motherboard since installation. That being said, if more devices were added i'd imagine power supplementation would be required.

Yes, CoPro is controllable through iCue. Just to reiterate, only the copro is connected to teh hub. my H100i is connected to the mainboard USB header. So both 2.0 headers on the board itself are occupied.

I dont know why this is working, it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. But it does work. I've been up and working with zero disconnect events for almost a week.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it. Doesn't make sense to me either which I was I was hesistant on ordering the additional USB Hub. Guess I'm ordering it since I'm getting sick of these disconnects which happen too many times on a daily basis.

Edited by wasontilt

Made an account just to chime in, I'm also having the random disconnects with the command pro and Asus x570-PRO mobo. Have tried almost everything, I have put in a pre order for the NZXT Hub but, it's out of stock everywhere at the moment, I will update once i try it out.

Just revieced my NZXT Hub and installed it, so far so good. And to confirm iCue does still detect the command pro, all the fans connected to it, and RGB profiles work flawlessly. I'll update again if i get another disconnect.

Edited by Ploxxy
Update

hey any update on that new hub? i'm having the same issue with mine as well.. i heard its not only the asus prime x570 boards but some other manufactures as well just was wondering if you had an update yet or not

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got my NZXT Hub after finding this thread, and all seems calm.

Just to confirm, you all have the FP Header plugged into 1 USB 2.0 header on the mobo, and then the NZXT hub onto the other, with the commander node and in my case the h100i on the NZXT hub, correct?

• 2 weeks later...
Well I would say this has fixed it still, but coming back from a week vacation, I'm still getting disconnects.

I'm having no disconnects with nothing plugged in to the Corsair's USB hub and a cheap hub from Amazon handling all my USB 2.0 connections. I purchased https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BNMP6DK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_T0AkFb0AN1ERF and it works great. I did hook it up to power but I don't really know that I needed to do so but figured I may as well instead of doing it twice.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having no disconnects with nothing plugged in to the Corsair's USB hub and a cheap hub from Amazon handling all my USB 2.0 connections. I purchased https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BNMP6DK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_T0AkFb0AN1ERF and it works great. I did hook it up to power but I don't really know that I needed to do so but figured I may as well instead of doing it twice.

I just registered to say that this thread (and this post specifically) saved my sanity.

I have had the constant USB resets for over 10 months now, and just recently ordered the same USB hub as linked in the signature. Now, almost 3 hours and no disconnects!

Corsair ought to reimburse us for these things, since their product is not working right!

Thank you all for contributing to this and finding the actual solution to the problem that drove (and still drives!) many users to the wall.

• 2 weeks later...
I just registered to say that this thread (and this post specifically) saved my sanity.

I have had the constant USB resets for over 10 months now, and just recently ordered the same USB hub as linked in the signature. Now, almost 3 hours and no disconnects!

Corsair ought to reimburse us for these things, since their product is not working right!

Thank you all for contributing to this and finding the actual solution to the problem that drove (and still drives!) many users to the wall.

My sanity is in question. I've tried every step in this thread. None have panned out on the ASUS ROG Strix X570 E Gaming board, and I think I may know why.

The Commander Pro is older tech. Based on USB 2.0. The ROG Strix X570 doesn't have a native 2.0 header. It uses all 3.0 "backwards compatible" USB headers.

Here's what I did:

I swapped to my backup board, an ASUS TUF X570 WiFi, which uses a mix of native USB 2.0 headers and USB 3.0. Miraculously, no issues. I am running Razer Synapse, iCUE, CoreTemp, and EVGA X1 Precision all together and no issues. I am also not using the USB internal header I purchased to "fix" the Commander Pro issue.

Registering to the forum to add a plus one here.

Asus Prime X-570 Pro gets constant USB hub resets, and my lighting node doesn't seem to work when plugged into the commander. I've ordered an internal hub to see if that fixes things for me.

Edit: I installed this USB hub: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHQF92K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(I did NOT connect the SATA power connector.)

Seems to be running smoothly now...

Edited by snugglepilot

Hey all,

Add me to the list of users who registered specifically to chime in to share their experience with this issue. My NZXT Hub is already on the way so I'll try and remember to report back here with my experience.

In the meantime, does anyone who used the NZXT Hub workaround have experience with hooking up these devices to the Commander Pro?

- Corsair H100i w/ 2xLL120 fans

- 4x QL120 fans

- 4x Corsair RGB LEDs

I need all of these controlled via my Commander Pro and I was already a bit confused BEFORE I realized I'd need to daisy chain USB hubs. Does this USB issue change anything?

I also have various spare RGB/LED/Fan Hubs that came with my fans and 680X case, in case any additional hardware is required.

Hey there! Having issues with my Commander Pro also. The fans don't "stop" working per se, but they only briefly appear in ICue under the commander pro for seconds at a time, then disappear and later might reappear for a few seconds. The RGB/lighting effects never does, but only the fan screen with the profile and RPM's, etc. Each time it will make the disconnect noise. Kind of worrying, don't want my AIO pump to stop and start over and over again or anything. My MoBo is the Asus Tuf B550m (Wifi)

Hi guys! After doing a little research, I've found that different programs which poll data will essentially "break" the Commander Pro until the program in question is shut down, and ICue is restarted.

In my case, it was HWinfo, which I use for my OSD for a small LCD panel. I've also read that Rivatuner and MSI Afterburner can also do similar things if set up in specific ways, as well as other programs which poll data from various sources. HWinfo polls data from ICue specifically in conjunction with other sources, so it's constant queueing of data from the CoPro causes errors.

Now all fans are showing up properly, with the correct fan curves/settings, and the "disconnect" noise no longer happens.

Unfortunately, now I need to figure out a way to use HWinfo without it doing this, or another program which will do the same thing without the inherent issues. I wish ICue would let me customize it to do the same thing, as it has the temp data, but not the % used, move it around, etc.

Just a heads up! Thought it might save someone a headache.

Edited by Blacksad

Registering to the forum to add a plus one here.

Asus Prime X-570 Pro gets constant USB hub resets, and my lighting node doesn't seem to work when plugged into the commander. I've ordered an internal hub to see if that fixes things for me.

Edit: I installed this USB hub: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHQF92K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(I did NOT connect the SATA power connector.)

Seems to be running smoothly now...

So basically we spend hundreds of dollars on the commander pro and fans only to buy another USB hub to mitigate Corsairs problem. . . Daam I got hustled.

Just adding that I had the same issue, and solved it with a thermaltake internal usb 2.0 hub. I just plugged the usb hub into the motherboard (and plugged a sata power into the usb hub), then plugged the commander pro into the usb hub -- nothing else changed with the setup.

ASUS X570 Prime Pro motherboard with 3900x