Corsair Community

Corsair Link is the most bugged software I ever seen. When corsair will make ??

sblantipodi

As title.

Corsair Link is the most bugged software I ever seen.

Is there any plan from corsair to release a decent version of this software?

I using the latest version with H80i and AX860i.

Sometimes the AX860i isn't recognized, sometimes H80i isn't recognized, sometimes I see flashing red values on the software.

This software is a crap.

Is there a plan to stabilize this software or should I sell all my corsair products?

I have spent 3500€ on my rig, I don't want trash in my case.

why would you sell all of your Corsair products because one doesn't work properly?

Its not quite one but two products that do not work correctly.

The issue here is the Link software. It is problematic and if someone pays the premium for Corsair Link integrated products, one should expect it to function as promised.

The issue I have seen is that the more Corsair Link products added to a system the more something can not be detected. The many issues with Windows 8.x does not help either.

So if the user sells their Corsair Link integrated products they would not have to deal with Corsair Link software.

Im in the same boat, for about 2 years I used my H80i, little to no issues with hardware detection with the software but soon as I added the Commander Mini my GPU and H80i takes turns deciding to not show in the software.

You need to set the registry value EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled to zero and then restart the device. If you search the forum for it you will find more details.

You could use my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility to do this. Do Menu->Tools->Link Devices, Uncheck EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled than press [Restart].

attachment.php?attachmentid=20101&stc=1&d=1418602146

this is ridiculous.

this software is out since years and I need to mod my system registry manually?

hey, I paied for this software I don't want to bother to find a solution.

In any case I modified the registry manually before opening the thread and that solution fixed nothing.

shame on corsair. corsair link is the main reason why I will not buy another corsair product.

I had problems with Corsair Link as well. But if you follow my lead, you can fix them...

I had purchased an H100i, as I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with the complexity of a custom water cooling loop. So, chose the H100i specifically because of Corsair Link, and what it promised. Of course I was building a new system, and running Win8.1, and just like everyone else, I had a ton of problems upon install.

I opened a case file, and they kept telling me to try different things. About 45 days later, they were ready to throw up their hands and admit defeat. I sent the unit back and got a full refund.

So, open a case file with support, and insist they get it to work correctly. If they can't, get your refund. Problem fixed. Perhaps if they get enough customers that hold them accountable, they'll get serious, and fix the steaming pile of dog doodoo that is Corsair Link software.

The good news, is that when building the new PC, the power supply that supported Corsair Link was out of stock, so I decided to limp along with something else for a bit, until it was back in stock. Glad I found out about Corsair Link first, as otherwise I would have been sending back two items.

I've been using a custom loop, with the fan controllers built into my ASUS motherboard. It was way less effort than Corsair Link, and I got a better cooling solution.

So, Corsair wasted about 20-30 hours of my time, and I got to pay about $15 to return their hardware, so I could get my refund, because what they sold me was pure marketing BS.

I'll buy RAM, or cases from them, but I don't ever envision trusting their ability to write software or drivers for anything. It is clear from the fact that people in the forum are doing better at reverse engineering Corsair Link, that whoever is handling software at Corsair is way over their head, and unable to produce decent code.

It is clear from the fact that people in the forum are doing better at reverse engineering Corsair Link, that whoever is handling software at Corsair is way over their head, and unable to produce decent code.

there are a few with issues and just cant get things to work but there are lots of users that have working units,some with several,,it just boils down to the users particular build.

Fortunately Corsair stands behind their products without the hassles that many businesses give when returning items...

there are a few with issues and just cant get things to work but there are lots of users that have working units,some with several,,it just boils down to the users particular build.

Fortunately Corsair stands behind their products without the hassles that many businesses give when returning items...

Even the people who have Corsair Link working, report problems. There have been ongoing issues with certain items for several releases, with no agenda on when a fix might occur. SIV (Red-ray) seems to have better ability to read the sensors than Corsair Link does, and he hasn't taken 2 years to do it. His successes, viewed alongside CL failures, post a pretty clear picture that either Corsair doesn't really have the focus on this it deserves, or the people doing the work, are way over their head.

I appreciate that they refunded me, but it shouldn't have been necessary. They know they have tons of issues, but continue to sell product that relies on their pre-alpha level software. They simply haven't done their job adequately. I work on computer hardware and software for a living. The level of dissatisfaction we see in this forum, is only the tip of the iceberg. For everyone who has a problem who posts here, many will just return the item to where they bought it, and say nothing.

Even the people who have Corsair Link working, report problems. There have been ongoing issues with certain items for several releases, with no agenda on when a fix might occur. SIV (Red-ray) seems to have better ability to read the sensors than Corsair Link does, and he hasn't taken 2 years to do it. His successes, viewed alongside CL failures, post a pretty clear picture that either Corsair doesn't really have the focus on this it deserves, or the people doing the work, are way over their head.

I appreciate that they refunded me, but it shouldn't have been necessary. They know they have tons of issues, but continue to sell product that relies on their pre-alpha level software. They simply haven't done their job adequately. I work on computer hardware and software for a living. The level of dissatisfaction we see in this forum, is only the tip of the iceberg. For everyone who has a problem who posts here, many will just return the item to where they bought it, and say nothing.

you have a slightly biased opinion which of course is understandable however theres still bugs but overall its still functional for many as Ive yet to to see a perfect software as under certain conditions any software can be made to exhibit problems

speaking of SIV,it is an informative viewer but its just that ''a viewer'' and cant really be realistically compared to a program such as Link which not only views devices and sensors but the hard part comes from being able to control the sensors also.,,SIV has also understandable had its share of issues also ,,one being it will not function while CL is running which is also primarily the issue CL has,,,so you see there really is no perfect software.

Another huge difference is CL is being used my hundred of thousands of builds where as SIV is used by a handful,it does have promise but also a bumpy road lies ahead IMO...

I honestly don't think either will ever be the perfect software and likely not even close to it due to the endless existing variables ...

you have a slightly biased opinion which of course is understandable however theres still bugs but overall its still functional for many as Ive yet to to see a perfect software as under certain conditions any software can be made to exhibit problems

We aren't talking about a couple bugs. It fails items such as being able to reliably get the temp of the CPU! It isn't hard to show cases where the software has problems... it is harder to show cases where it doesn't run into any issues!

speaking of SIV,it is an informative viewer but its just that ''a viewer'' and cant really be realistically compared to a program such as Link which not only views devices and sensors but the hard part comes from being able to control the sensors also.,,SIV has also understandable had its share of issues also ,,one being it will not function while CL is running which is also primarily the issue CL has,,,so you see there really is no perfect software.

It is laughable that your bug in SIV, entails that CL doesn't implement a mutex, and therefore SIV supposedly has a bug by your reasoning! I can see now, that I won't be able to have an argument with you based upon reasoning.

SIV does, what it professes to do. CL fails at what it promises. I tried it on three motherboards, and it had issues on all three! All three are very popular enthusiast boards, and all had issues that CL support couldn't figure out.

Another huge difference is CL is being used my hundred of thousands of builds where as SIV is used by a handful,it does have promise but also a bumpy road lies ahead IMO...

I honestly don't think either will ever be the perfect software and likely not even close to it due to the endless existing variables ...

Your saying that SIV is simpler, is true. The problem, is that SIV regularly is able to read things, that CL fails at. All this from software which had to be written by reverse engineering the data format. Imagine if the programmer of SIV were actually a party to what the entire structure of all the packets, and didn't have to try and reverse engineer.

Not asking for perfect. Just asking for working. If I look at other forums, with products, there simply aren't the big problems that CL is having. CL is causing lots of it's own problems. Why doesn't the program have the ability to do an install, without requiring a user to delete files? The reason, is because they haven't put the time in to write a decent install routine, they just use the canned script in Visual Studio. This kind of lack of care is evident in lots of places... like when you resize the window, the dials showing the parameters move. Sorry, you can continue shilling for Corsair, but the majority see right through you.

speaking of SIV,it is an informative viewer but its just that ''a viewer'' and cant really be realistically compared to a program such as Link which not only views devices and sensors but the hard part comes from being able to control the sensors...

Actually the current versions can control everything on the H100i like lights and fan curves just in a more basic format when it comes to the fan but still ends up working way better then the original CL software.

• 5 weeks later...
Actually the current versions can control everything on the H100i like lights and fan curves just in a more basic format when it comes to the fan but still ends up working way better then the original CL software.

With the release of SIV 4.51 the SIV fan control has been improved and provided when it's started the -CRLCTL qualifier is specified it can control everything that CL can and more.

Archived