Corsair Community

Link 4 and CUE 2 incompatiblity issue

InkySleeves

Has anybody else experienced this issue? I've logged a ticket for help and had no reply.

This is on Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.540.

CUE2 v2.15.83 and Link 4 v4.8.0.82 do not work together, with the latter installed CUE2 stops recognising my STRAFE RGB Silent keyboard but does see my M65 mouse. Remove Link 4 and everything works again.

So I uninstalled Link 4 v4.8.0.82 and went back to v4.5.0.55 and it worked but was hit and miss as to whether or not it would display my CPU temps. I upgraded to Link 4 v4.7.0.77 and it all still worked together but was still hit and miss as to showing CPU temps.

I've invested a fair amount of money in 6 HD120 RGB fans, a Lighting Node Pro and a Commander Pro [not to mention the cost of the keyboard and mouse] only to have nothing but issues with the software conflicts and I can get no answer from Corsair.

If anyone has seen this issue and fixed it....please let me know what you did.

I have the exact same issue. I can fully reproduce every single step you described. My Strafe is not recognized until i close the LINK software. The taskbar icon of CUE shows a red bubble or maybe a circle. Sometimes my Strafe shows up in CUE when i unplug it from the usb port and put it back but that's not guaranteed. When LINK is running with CUE i have troubles with Steam windows and some other game windows when i tab out (for example: Ghost Recon Wildlands). When I tab out and back in i get a windows message that the application (Steam or game) is not responding. It takes a while, might be a minute, and everything is working again. It seems it has nothing to do with CPU or memory load as the task manager doesn't show any abnormal numbers.

Besides the problem with my Strafe RGB i have no problem with my Glave RGB or MM800 RGB.

Well as much as I hate to think of anyone else having to endure these issues I'm glad I'm not the only one...and I'm sure there must be plenty more. You have actually mentioned things I left out of my post for the sake of keeping it short enough to avoid TL;DR. Like having to unplug and re-plug the keyboard to get it seen, quitting out of Link etc. Odd thing is, all the while CUE2 sees my mouse.

So for now I'm on the latest CUE version with Link running one down from the latest version and with the exception of not seeing my CPU temps in Link, all seems to be good.

I even went as far as a clean install of Windows 10 with nothing but the necessary drivers and CUE2 and Link4 latest versions...the problem was still there so there's nothing else to blame other than an incompatibility between the two latest version fo CUE and Link.

I logged a ticket with Corsair, I updated it with each step of my testing and troubleshooting progress and have heard nothing back, that was a few weeks ago now. I'm hoping the silence means they are working on fixing this mess with an update. Now I know how to fix it I'd be willing to try a new version if it claims to resolve the issue; so far though it seems like the problem is not being acknowledged despite seeing simialr issues across the forum. I'm so close to breaking the bank and buying an ASUS Claymore and Spatha :eek:

Archived