Corsair Community

two CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 kits

Sullen

Ok, I've read that's not recommended to get two RAM kits and put them together to achieve higher GB's. I'm doing a new build with an ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard and Intel Core i7 975 Extreme CPU and want Dominator GT's in it and use all the slots but they don't come in 12GB kits. There's not a possibility that I can get the two kits to work together stable? Specifically the CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 kit. This rig will be used primarily for Audio/Video editing, music recording and photo editing then gaming and some of this software's demand very high RAM so I want to be worried free knowing I have the best in it. Please help me out here hehehe, thanks!

-Sullen

*PS: I'll buying the kits at the same time to lower the possibility of getting the kits from different batches.

its likely that you will not be able to run 2 CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 kits together at 2000 speed stable and would have to lower the frequency anyway so maybe a HX3X12G1600C9 or HX3X12G1333C9 kit will satisfy your 12 gig needs? at least all 6 sticks are certified to run together and supported?

good luck.:):

I really want 12G's of GT, I feel sad right now XD I've done some serious mismatching in latency, clock speeds and brands in the past with really cheap RAM and have worked perfectly fine. Why high end products, combining the same modules won't work? I'm just curious no pun intended.

• 2 weeks later...
I really want 12G's of GT, I feel sad right now XD I've done some serious mismatching in latency, clock speeds and brands in the past with really cheap RAM and have worked perfectly fine. Why high end products, combining the same modules won't work? I'm just curious no pun intended.

It's not mixing and matching that is the issue here. It's not likely that your memory controller can run fully loaded with 6 modules AND run the memory at DDR2000. It may do it with one kit but it is much more difficult with 2 kits. You are going to have to tune the system and find the maximum memory frequency you can run with 6 modules as it varies from CPU to CPU.

So if I go with a Dominator GT kit with less performance or not overclock these kits I might get a chance on getting them to work? I know this kills the whole purpose of such a fine product but I'm just curious. I really love those GT's but if there's no chance of making it happen I can settle for the 12GB regular decimator kit. Sorry for all the newb questions but this grounds are almost unknown to me hehehehe!

• 2 years later...
I'd suggest you start at about 1600 or so with all 6 modules in. Slowly clock upwards from there and see what you can get. Once you find the limit of your memory controller you can decide if you want to change kits or just run what you have as fast as you can.

cmg6gx3m3a2000c7.jpg

I was able to find myself two sets of these rare-to-find kits that's alive and well.

What are some of the best frequencies you have seen achieved in the past with two kits of CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 running at CL7?

hi

You ave to overclock CPU to run memory at 2000MHz

As they or no seting on x58 chipset to run memory at 2000MHz

but at 1600, 1866, 2133 and 2400MHz if your not OC CPU

With 1 kit ove CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 i run perfectly

With 2 kit i ave to twik voltage to be stable

And even then i was able to run at 2000MHz

Host clock frequency ave to be at 143MHz

But i could get over 142MHz That run memory at about 1995MHz

CPU dynamique 1.2v to 1.28v

IOH 1.1000v to 1.1250v

Uncore voltage 1.2250v to 1.2500v

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

hi

You ave to overclock CPU to run memory at 2000MHz

As they or no seting on x58 chipset to run memory at 2000MHz

but at 1600, 1866, 2133 and 2400MHz if your not OC CPU

With 1 kit ove CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 i run perfectly

With 2 kit i ave to twik voltage to be stable

And even then i was able to run at 2000MHz

Host clock frequency ave to be at 143MHz

But i could get over 142MHz That run memory at about 1995MHz

CPU dynamique 1.2v to 1.28v

IOH 1.1000v to 1.1250v

Uncore voltage 1.2250v to 1.2500v

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Not at all. Your kit

(1) is a different product and uses completely different DRAM chips

(2) Yellowbeard made it clear that it is unlikely, depending on how good the IMC is, two kits of CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 cannot run at 2000MHz.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Not at all. Your kit

(1) is a different product and uses completely different DRAM chips

(2) Yellowbeard made it clear that it is unlikely, depending on how good the IMC is, two kits of CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 can run at 2000MHz.

Thanks.

i`m running 2 kit of DomGT CMG one 1866 cas7 and one 2000 cas8 @ 1600 6-6-6-15 with 1.6v i`m also able to run it @ 1800 CL7

Vamp

i`m running 2 kit of DomGT CMG one 1866 cas7 and one 2000 cas8 @ 1600 6-6-6-15 with 1.6v i`m also able to run it @ 1800 CL7

Vamp

Thank you for your input BUT, as the thread title suggests, my question was: What are some of the best frequencies seen achieved with two kits of CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 running at CL7?

Btw, I've always thought that it's not a good idea run two ram kits of different rated specs, each of which are using different IC's.

Thank you for your input BUT, as the thread title suggests, my question was: What are some of the best frequencies seen achieved with two kits of CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 running at CL7?

Btw, I've always thought that it's not a good idea run two ram kits of different rated specs, each of which are using different IC's.

I don't recall having ever seen anyone post anywhere with 6 x 2000C7s. 2000C7s are for people that want to OC typically and most guys that want a max OC don't fill all 6 slots. And, correspondingly, most people that want to fill all 6 slots don't buy 2000C7s.

Archived