Corsair Community

Problem with my LL120 Fans (White is not white)

iHandsomeDevil

Hello,

I've realized something for the first time. My LL120 Fans are not showing 'WHITE' correctly.

I also have Dominator RGB RAM, which I also set to white, and it is indeed white, but the case fans have this ugly almost mint blue hue.

Can a software update fix this bug? or this is a fault with the fans?:[pouts:

As you can see in this picture, the ram (and NZXT Cooler and Mobo) are all showing white correctly;

YjSsnce.jpg

(The GPU also has a ugly blue color, but Zotacs rgb can't even do yellow or red properly either, so I know that component is faulty)

Edited by iHandsomeDevil

my fans look the same when white, sadly corsair stuff doesnt properly match, the ST100 stand has a terrible logo coloring, its a bit yellowish when white, its too green when blue... sucks, same with the Void pro headset, orange is almost red... it kinda pisses me off...

also, the stickers in front of the fans are off center, when spinning stuff looks wobbly as hell, im starting to get pissed off at corsair..

My LL fans also do this with multiple colors compared to my HD fans colors and LED strips in my case and my Hydro X stuff. I am about to just swap out the LL's for some HD120 fans for my radiator so fix the issue. I am very leary about spending the money on QL's just to find that they look the same as the LL's color wise compared to the rest of my stuff. The Headset Stand has the absolute worst white though compared to everything else.

I think what you mean is your whites don't match, which is likely to be true because there is no color definition for white. In this instance, it's all three colors mixing together plus the materials. Use different LEDs or different materials and the whites won't be identical. Try setting your Asus MB to white.

LL fans are definitely on the cool side of white. The Dominators RGB with the Capellix are definitely warm. All you can do is starting pulling some Red value from the RAM and probably reduce the blue on the LL by a hefty number. The QL are more neutral and than the LL, but every RGB fan I've ever seen is slightly cool on white. I think people would be a bit annoyed to see a warm hint of yellow.

I think what you mean is your whites don't match, which is likely to be true because there is no color definition for white. In this instance, it's all three colors mixing together plus the materials. Use different LEDs or different materials and the whites won't be identical. Try setting your Asus MB to white.

LL fans are definitely on the cool side of white. The Dominators RGB with the Capellix are definitely warm. All you can do is starting pulling some Red value from the RAM and probably reduce the blue on the LL by a hefty number. The QL are more neutral and than the LL, but every RGB fan I've ever seen is slightly cool on white. I think people would be a bit annoyed to see a warm hint of yellow.

The problem is that compared to all other fans and RGB LED's in my Corsair system the other components all match each other color wise, the LL's never match no matter what color you select. I assume they are softer due to the way they diffuse the light compared to straight up LED's. Although the colors are fine on my LS100 strips and they have a diffuser on them.

There is no such thing as a white LED. In fact they are all blue with a special material that absorbs the blue and re-emits white. Now most LED colours are exactly the same but white depends entirely on the materials used to absorb blue and emitt white and that means that white LEDs can be anywhere from really warm to really cold white. It's an absolute nightmare matching them, especially when they might be coming from different manufacturers. If you have RGB at least you can adjust them, if not then white is perhaps the worst colour to choose if you want everything the same :-((