Corsair Community

Is There An Issue With the HX850i?

Pocah

I need power supplies! I want to buy the RM850i but alas they seem to be out of stock everywhere ( blame NVIDIA for that) so I was looking at the HX. But I am concerned about low power coil noise. I have heard a number of people complaining about it. Is this actually a real problem or what? I really don't want to go down the route of spending more than I wanted to and getting in a world of pain.

• Corsair Employee
I need power supplies! I want to buy the RM850i but alas they seem to be out of stock everywhere ( blame NVIDIA for that) so I was looking at the HX. But I am concerned about low power coil noise. I have heard a number of people complaining about it. Is this actually a real problem or what? I really don't want to go down the route of spending more than I wanted to and getting in a world of pain.

If you were going to have that problem with the HXi, you would have that problem with the RMi as they share the same platform with only a few minor changes to achieve the higher efficiency.

I'm sure "a number of people" equates to about .001% of actual users on a real world scale.