View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 09:52 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034507
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 116

I did pull up and give R20 a run yesterday. Now I remember why I don't run it. You 9900 guys kill my poor little 8700K@5.2 and I can barely break 4000 pts in MC. However, it did hit a peak CPU package temp of 67C which for my delidded CPU under a custom water cooling system is a lot. In fact, it is more than when I run most stress tests at 100%. R20 is a high CPU temp benchmark, although a fairly short one.

Your scores are excellent and jealousy inducing, so the CPU is not throttling. As suggested above, this is all about voltage and the cooling really doesn't matter on a run that lasts less than 30 seconds. Are you running the factory defaults for the KS, which would be all cores at 50x100 and likely Auto voltage? If so, there is all your temperature. None of these motherboards will allow you to run a max load stress test out of the box and be cool. They are voltage heavy to make sure every CPU can boot and run. You'll want to find an overclock guide for the 9900K family and likely an Asus specific one. A lot of these motherboard settings are the same, but brand specific. Asus I can help with.