Corsair Community

H80 Radiator problem

sfirculitu

i just bought a new H80 i dont remember when i dont have it 1 week and when i opened the box my radiator was like this

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9072/img0831z.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5737/img0835xp.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2382/img0837tc.jpg

That is the other way

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/958/img0834xq.jpg

what should i do?? its there any problem i dont put it yet on pc just on psu to see if its working the fans are good and the pump working as well it make the sound like passin water and a vibrate its that normal right?

so anyone answer me something about the fins if it is a problem? and the fans at least becuse i saw everbody has a problem.. my fans at the lowerst its low not even hear them and the middle its ok and at the max the rpm are more but not the fastest one.. and when it start it really takes highly rpms.. is that right yes and i told you them pump make that vibration or something that means is working? becuse i dont know and i dont have a cpu to see the temps on it and if its working right for the expirince i tell plz answer me someone

that is the thing becuse i dont know.. i dont have a cpu to see the temps just i put it on the psu and at the fan controler. to see if it's working and it goes like this.. when i open the psu all the lights from the block lights up it take high rpm very loud for 2-3 sec and then it goes at the lowest where i put it.. at the medium it takes a little bit and at the high more rpm.. but for example my lap top cooler is more louder then h80 from the high.. and that is becuse i dont have a cpu.. on auto to feed the heat i think to take more rpms.. and i dont know that if is right. i want someone to explain me if its okey..

and the pumps and the block are vibrating very sielence it doesnt make and strange sounds and its really low its not loud...

NOW i dont tell that i have a problem or my h80 has a problem i just want to know if its working right becuse its my 1st time and i dont have any expirience to understand if its is ok or not

The fins are bent. Once you get the CPU installed and the temps look fine to you and you don't want to RMA it then it's up to you.

RAM GUY and i are saying to RMA it because if you do overclock your CPU and the temps from the H80 are not was expected, you'll be told to RMA it.

okey i understand i sent i think 2 rmas actually one was at the morning today and 1 right now.. tell me if im right for the rma..

i go at the corsair.com

then at the rma request

i put product type

case cooling

i choose h80

next and then i make the formula and i keep the case number right? i put the the link of the forum too

and i wait till to answer me right?

the 1st one i dont remember it becuse it was fast i was nervous and i didnt check what was telling on the begging the second rma that i've done right now the number is

anyway i have the same name and all the others just the description is different and the location i put the country and the shop i've bought it

so just tell me keep this number thanks so much guys you give me a release this is for sure

There is a edit button at the bottom left hand corner. use that next time.

It depends when they will accept the RMA. probably by Wednesday. Monday is usually their catch up days from the weekend RMA submissions.

If your RMA has not been approved or anything. Just post back saying your RMA has not been approved or updated in this thread.

IMO, although a new product should be in perfect condition, the bending of a few of the very thin fins between the much larger vertical water channels is insignificant.

They can be straightened out with a toothpick or tiny screwdriver. OTOH, they are very thin and fragile, and once you touch them with a toothpick, you may be surprised how weak and thin they really are. That is standard radiator construction, how they survive in cars and trucks is a miracle.

Archived