Corsair Community

Gs 800 2013 edition

Zetor

Hello ,

i would like to know what is the difference in gs 800 2013 edition

is there an overall improvement , or it just fixes the very serious fan issues we have all seen in this forum .

i am planning on getting one, but i need to be sure that the 2013 edition does not have the noise issue

please inform me

I wanted to buy the GS800 this weekend... but instead I got the HX750. The sales rep said they get a bunch of returns on the GS800, in fact they had a few open box specials on their shelves. So I opted for a partial modular system. I wish the HX750 had the LED though.

NYCMedic

• 7 months later...
There was an issue with the GS series fan making noise when it spun up and this was fixed and the way to tell if you had a fixed unit was by the part number IE 2013 Edition.

What else besides the spun noise fix in the 2013 Edition? I guess it is also Haswell ready isn't? I own the 2011 Edition and back then there was no ZERO RPM FAN MODE feature. It wasn't certified bronze either.

• 2 months later...
Hey, my GS800 V2.3 had a marvelous blown. I buy the power supply on October 2012 and blow 1 year later. This have not guaranty. but I'm trying to repair it because I'm an electronics Engineer, I can see that the problem was a overcharge in the 3,3v rail, but unlike other sources, the overcharge protection not work and that because a jump on a 10 ohm resistance. I will buy a 1200w corsair power supply but I like know if is possible see any problem in that power supply.

Archived