Corsair Community

Corsair K90 Key Problem

Siamak8286

Hello Corsair Community.

I purchased the K90 along side with M60 mouse about a month ago and my Keyboard is updated with latest firmware and software, problem im having is random keys keeps repeating itself after they are pushed such as spacebar, numberpad keys, and almost every type keys, im not sure if im explaining this right and sorry for my bad english but its just like I said, for instance, im typing and I hit "T" and the word T keeps repeating like someone holding the "T" key and won't let go until I press couple other keys and it stops it, same with spacebar and sumbers as well. I tried reflashing the firmware and no help. It happens randomly as well so there is no way to say for sure what cause this.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it was acknowledged in the stickied post that it was a firmware issue. it still persists on the latest firmware. numberkeys/spacebar is affected. i highly doubt rmaing the devices will solve the issue as ive already gone through 2 of them. its about 100-200 keystrokes to get it to re-occur. im fairly certain if someone took the keyboard and had a dodo or some automated device to perform the repeated clicks it would be noticable by morning if left on over night with a tool to log the i/o

• Corsair Employees
it was acknowledged in the stickied post that it was a firmware issue. it still persists on the latest firmware. numberkeys/spacebar is affected. i highly doubt rmaing the devices will solve the issue as ive already gone through 2 of them. its about 100-200 keystrokes to get it to re-occur. im fairly certain if someone took the keyboard and had a dodo or some automated device to perform the repeated clicks it would be noticable by morning if left on over night with a tool to log the i/o

The problem with your last two suggestions is that the key repeat stops when you press a different key and software wouldn't emulate the problem correctly because you're not physically using the keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...
The problem with your last two suggestions is that the key repeat stops when you press a different key and software wouldn't emulate the problem correctly because you're not physically using the keyboard.

Not true: a physical device that tapped the keyboard once a second, while running software logging keystrokes (or rather, key up/down events) ought to spot it fairly easily.

But it doesn't matter. I've just come back on this forum to check up on further progress on the stuck key issue, and I can see: there hasn't been.

I've lost files due to this problem - delete key got stuck when reviewing which photos from my camera to keep, for example. Basically, I no longer trust my keyboard to do what I tell it.

No, not interested in RMA. Just a huge lump of customer ill will.

• Corsair Employees
Not true: a physical device that tapped the keyboard once a second, while running software logging keystrokes (or rather, key up/down events) ought to spot it fairly easily.

But it doesn't matter. I've just come back on this forum to check up on further progress on the stuck key issue, and I can see: there hasn't been.

I've lost files due to this problem - delete key got stuck when reviewing which photos from my camera to keep, for example. Basically, I no longer trust my keyboard to do what I tell it.

No, not interested in RMA. Just a huge lump of customer ill will.

If it could be solved as easy you put it, then we wouldn't be having this discussion and you and I would be friends sharing stories of our conquests together.

I'm getting the stuck key issue as well, space bars, ".", etc.

It repeats until I hit the key a second time.

For the record my only G-key macros are Load Application's and no actual keystrokes there.

It happens maybe once a day, I game and work on the same rig so in terms of key-count I have no idea.

Just now I noticed that the "." repeated at the end of a sentence when my secondary HDD powered up from sleep (I use a SSD for OS/primary, 2nd regular large HDD for data/non-critical apps). Maybe a happy coincidence or possibly the root cause of issue?

• Corsair Employees

Just now I noticed that the "." repeated at the end of a sentence when my secondary HDD powered up from sleep (I use a SSD for OS/primary, 2nd regular large HDD for data/non-critical apps). Maybe a happy coincidence or possibly the root cause of issue?

I'll pass that along to see if we can verify that.

• 1 month later...
Im having a similar issue as well, occasionally when im typing and hit a key for example "k" keyboard keeps repeating kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk until I hit another key and it stops, which is really annoying, I replaced mine 3-4 times now and flashed to the latest firmware and nothing works, it seems Corsair don't have a real solution or answer to this either, so Im gonna wait a bit more and see if this issue gets fixed, if not as much as I love Corsair as a brand, I'm gonna have to go with another brand for my keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...

You're not alone, I have the same exact KB/M K90 and M60 and every so often my 'space' key keeps transmitting 'spaces' and last night I was going sideways with the 'D' key. So far this has only happened three times but I've only had the KB/M for (4) four days.

Yes, I have installed both the latest firmware and software for each device.

I 'think' this is a firmware/software thing than the actual keyboard itself. Though paying MoH Warfighter it felt a few times like the M60 froze-up a couple times briefly.

• 2 weeks later...
It has gotten very consistent lately for me as well on my K90 which I've had for a year with no fix. I'm pretty much done with this keyboard as it is not reliable for gaming. I'll be selling it on Amazon and looking into other mechanical keyboards. Perhaps a Ducky Shine. Very unfortunate.. I won't have as much faith in Corsair products in the future.

Yea after several issues with my K90 and M60, and worst part is Corsair either ignore me or want me to RMA it, which I already replaced the damn thing few times, and it seems they dont even have a real solution to this, same with my M60 mice, the red sniper button fading and not just the sniper sign but the actual red color on it is fading and I replaced it 4-5 times and same thing happens within 2-3 weeks of use, I just feel corsair don't have the same quality as they had before and it times to move on and look elsewhere.

Update - my K90 has if anything has gotten worst than before with random keys sticking 'iiiiiiiiiiiiiii...iii' and about a couple times a day after a 'spawn' all mechanical keys quit working all together -- often pressing the (ESC) fixes it. My M60 is also a problem about 2-3 a week it's 'dead' in that the left-click won't wake the PC and the cure is to unplug/plug-in the M60. BTW - one of my friends has the K60 = same issues which leads me to believe it's either the keyboard firmware/design flaw or firmware.

The fun is in guessing which key is going to foul-up next!

Originally I assumed this to be a software issue, but I can't imagine 'sticking' keys being anything but hardware or maybe firmware. I assume the M60's issue is a driver problem by failing at hybrid sleep.

I just ordered the Corsair Vengeance 1500 --- what 'fun' am I in for??!!

To avoid an RMA I came here in the hopes of finding a magical unicorn driver/firmware to help ease my growing frustration. I've had everything from some OEM garbage KB/M to a $160 Bluetooth never act this way....help!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar issue. When I'm editing text, it tends to happen more often than while, for example, gaming. All of this started when the K90 wouldn't work after my pc was boot up. I had to re-plug the USBs in for it to work. The past few months the backlighting has gone really dim. It's no where near to what it should be. I've googled every thread about this and just can't find a solution. Sometimes it goes back to normal, usually for 5-10 seconds and when I press a button or change the lighting intensity, it goes back to really dim. Sometimes the lights go so dim they are no longer visible.

On top of this, I'm having the key repeat issue. I cannot solve it by pressing another button but have to take out the USBs again and plug them in. After that I have to wait about 20 seconds before the keyboard starts working again. Super frustrating.

I talked to corsair and they suggested an RMA. At first I thought yes, okay, I'll do it. Later it occured to me that it could not be a faulty keyboard, because it pretty much works 90% of the time as intended, besides the backlighting and the occasional key hiccups. I've done everything on this thread : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=104856 and seemingly I've gotten the keys to work as they should, but the lighting is still messed up!

Please help me, I want to get it back to what it should be. What is wrong? I refuse to RMA it because

1) I live in Europe and that means I would have to go without a keyboard 1-3 weeks. It is unacceptable, as I need it every day and I am in the middle of an examination period, so I just cannot do it. I need to type/ use it a lot. If that was not enough, the one way shipping would cost around 30-40 euros, because of the size and weight of the keyboard and the original package it came with.

2)so many have this issue. 9 times out of 10 my keyboard works perfectly, but when I start to type a lot, I get a crapload of those key repeat errors and that backlighting issue (90% of the time not working as intended). The backlighting is about 50% dimmer at every level to what it is supposed to be. Every time I toggle through the backlighting levels, the num lock light flashes as if unable to emit light properly. Hardly RMA material, but something must be done :( Love the keyboard, but seriously.

• Corsair Employees
The worst is when ALT gets stuck. Another time that really sucked was spacebar got stuck while working on a huge video project that caused the software to play/pause/play/pause/play... until my comp locked up.

Has this been occurring often lately?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived