Corsair Community

M90 Won't save to hardware.

mikeyb79

Hey all. I keep having problems with the software. Mostly every time I reboot the system or shut down the computer I have t re-install the software as it stops recognising the firmware and I can't upload anything to the mouse itself.

Also even when it does recognise the firmware when I click to upload the profile to the mouse it doesn't do anything, no bar for loading or anything... I've checked all the right boxes and have tried everything including running as admin in Windows 7 etc.

Hi,

M90 received yesterday, plugged in USB 2.0, udpdated with the firmware v1.11 first and install the soft 1.0.029.

I have the same issue, cannot upload profile to the M90, and profiles don't work.

Please help needed.:confused:

144529911_InfoM90.JPG.95f32da854005b88e8094bbe454796f7.JPG

1808930361_IssueSoftM90.JPG.7b029246b5137ff291f9231d7a55c34b.JPG

1. obviously.

2. Uninstalled and removed from registry with revo uninstaller

3. Yes and no which is the problem and why I'm on the forum. If the human interface driver isn't running then the software can't recognise the mouse and thus comes up as no fw in the information dialog. I can't get it to stay loaded in and need to re-install the software after each shut down. Trying to load it manually from C:\program files (x86)\corsair\m90 mouse\driver\x64\dpinst.exe doesn't activate it. Must be a complete reinstall.

The other fix that was aimed at manually updating the driver (post on these forums for k90) doesn't work either I have tried that and always make sure that the automatic shut down of connected usb devices are always turned off.

The other cloud software I have is for the Nostromo which I don't run as I upload the profile that I want to run with to the device and shut down the main cloud program. My keyboard is a k60 and doesn't require software, hopefully it isn't the cause of the interference and the software isn't getting "jammed" trying to connect to it. I assume that Corsair would know of this problem.

I'd really love a fix for this as I love the corsair products and this is the first issue that I've ever had with them.

Cheers.

PS I have both m90hid and the software set to run as admin.

1.The same problem with M90 is that the software can't recognise the firmware after each shut down of my computer.

2.The people whose M90s have the same problem, do you find that when you start your computers and re-install the software,and the software can recognise the firmware, but you can't record any macro(MR) to M90. When you select the button you want to set macro and then press the "MR" button, the software suddenly returns to the "①" button(left).

Toasted, thank you for trying to help, however the obvious steps such as this I have done. Including flashing an early version, testing, flashing with the latest etc, but still nothing..

Ankang you have to press MR first THEN select the button to record it to, not the other way around which is a little counter-intuitive.

Hi,

Of course as Mikeyb said, all the basic potential solutions have been performed as the process described for the K90 in an another thread.

But without any success.:[pouts:

Maybe you're right Mikeyb, potential issue with USB on Z77.

Hope we could get a fix from Corsair soon, I have an issue with a cooler H100i on the corsair link too, I love the corsair products design but their software skills are not on the same level, obviously.

Hi,

Mikeyb79,thank you very much for telling me the right way to record macros!

Laudus and Mikeyb79, nice to meet both of you! Now we have to wait for Corsair's reply. Expect it coming soon.

By the way, as Laudus says, the designs of corsair's products are good, but their software skills are not as good as other companies such as Logitech.

It works fine on a mac, when I reinstall the software I can save to hardware, until reboot of system then driver crashes and software won't recognise the m90, thus have to start over again, which tells me that the hardware is fine and there's something wrong with the software. I tend to agree with the guys above, great hardware, not so great software.

• Corsair Employee
We have many Z77 boards here for our trade show demo machines so I haven't seen any issues with the USB 3.0, especially now that it is native. We can replace the mouse for you though and if you'd like, i'll test it before mailing it out to confirm it works.

Hi RAM GUY,

I have installed it on my son's deskstop (gigabyte Z77D3H - I5 2500 - W7 64) and it was exactly the same, the corsair gaming mouse configuration did not let save to the M90, or modify the profile as shown before on the pics sent.

I have installed it on my wife's laptop (ACER aspire V3 - W7 64) and the soft works perfectly fine, try it on my very old DELL latitude laptop and it works fine too.

Therefore there is some kind of very odd incompatibility with some configurations.

But I can't waste more time with that, if some solution is found, good, and if not it's still a lovely well built object.

Cheers,

Archived