Corsair Community

AX850 PSU Killing ASUS GTX670 TOP?

I hope it is not a problem with my Corsair power supply but here is the basic scenario of what has happened:

1. Got new graphics card (ASUS GTX670 TOP), the graphics card literally died within 6-7 hours of it running a game. Send it back to the place which I brought it. Got a replacement card.

2. That replacement card I have been running fine for almost 2 weeks (24hours non-stop in some cases in-fact), been playing games in full settings, everything no problem Left it on pause in GTA4, walked off for a while, 40mins later, screen tearing and green pixel screen of death. Tested graphics card in DVI and HDMI port to display and it is dead. Suspected possible SSD/other component problem. Removed display card and plugged monitor into onboard graphics: sound, display and every is working perfectly.

In case you're wondering what my fans are for this PC: I have a Corsair H100 For the CPU and the 3 stock fans in the Obsidian 550D, things have been running really cool since I have been using these.

Average CPU temp when under load: 45C

Average GPU temp when running under heavy load: 55C

12+ voltage when running normally (and currently to Motherboard: 12.3v)

Please note: my current computer build is only about 3 weeks old. Every other component has been running as smooth as butter at the moment...I can't see a big reason why my video card is failing bad/possibility that my AX850 is faulty?

Sorry if this is a bit unrelated to PSU, just a bit confused about my situation. Had two gfx cards die on me. Hopefully just a QC issue at Asus.

• Corsair Employee

Well the fact you have had two Video cards seem to fail would suggest there may be some other cause. Have you spoke to the Video card manufacturer to see what they say?

And it is unlikely but I see you have our PSU so depending on what ASUS says I would suggest we try and replace it. Please use the link on the left and request and RMA and we can replace it or you might speak with the reseller if its new.

Can't contact vid. manufacturer here (in Australia). I had to contact my reseller directly.

For the first card they said it is faulty and didn't tell me the full details. Second card I suspect may be the same. Perhaps a QC issue with GTX670? They have been huge shortages of that card at the moment...

Also, Asus software sensor is saying that my +12V is reading 12.384V. Normal?

Also, Asus software sensor is saying that my +12V is reading 12.384V. Normal?

Yes , completely normal. ATX spec for volatges is plus or minus 5%.

So anything 11.4-12.6v is within normal ranges.

Same goes for the 3.3v and 5v rails

Yes , completely normal. ATX spec for volatges is plus or minus 5%. So 11.4-12.6v is within normal ranges

Good to hear. :) I really hope that I don't need to RMA my Corsair PSU. Any further testing that I could do from a software side to that I've got a healthy PSU?

Archived