Corsair Community

Brand new AX1200i - weird temp reading

Silverstreak

I recently purchased an AX1200i + H100i combo for my 2nd PC with a Ci7 3930k processor. The PSU sensor cable is plugged into the H100i Corsair Link port.

Everything seems to run just fine except the PSU temperature reading. The Link software displays the temperature as -199 Celcius (!!). Ambient temperature is 27C/80F.

I updated the cooler's firmware to version 1.0.7 tried reinstalling the software. All to no avail. Corsair, please help me diagnose and correct this issue! Hope I don't have to return this unit to the dealer.

AX1200i.thumb.jpg.d1e355c639f872a510b76e48980677c4.jpg

It's not the PSU, but rather a software bug. You might try uninstalling and removing all instances of the LINK software and reinstall.

Wait, i think you have the LINK cable installed wrong. Did you use the Dongle that came with the PSU or just plugged the it directly to the cooler? I noticed PSU fans are at 0 as well.

It's not the PSU, but rather a software bug. You might try uninstalling and removing all instances of the LINK software and reinstall.

Wait, i think you have the LINK cable installed wrong. Did you use the Dongle that came with the PSU or just plugged the it directly to the cooler? I noticed PSU fans are at 0 as well.

Thanks peanutz94.

I've already done the reinstall routine and firmware upgrade.

The PSU sensor cable is plugged in directly into the H100i's port. It's exactly the same with my other machine (the 3970x) which shows correct temps (screenshot attached).

The fan only starts spinning once the PSU is at a pre-set temperature, no idea what that temperature is. This is to reduce PC noise I guess.

420534065_AX1200-2ndPC.thumb.jpg.5b53bb7bd8693f101dfd05ae2b4990e0.jpg

Its most likely a faulty sensor i would RMA the unit with the reseller or with us here

Thanks Ram Guy.

This PSU (my 2nd AX1200i) is so well made & I really didn't expect a faulty temp sensor.

I've informed the dealer that I'll be returning the unit. Thing is, it takes up to 2 weeks for a replacement to be shipped. :( Will have to make do with a backup 750W PSU till then.

Cheers!

Thanks Ram Guy.

This PSU (my 2nd AX1200i) is so well made & I really didn't expect a faulty temp sensor.

I've informed the dealer that I'll be returning the unit. Thing is, it takes up to 2 weeks for a replacement to be shipped. :( Will have to make do with a backup 750W PSU till then.

Cheers!

I didnt expect my AX760i to die either my friend, they are really well made as far as PSU's go, I knew I should have kept my old alienware PSU as backup.....I'll still be buying corsair though so they haven't lost me just yet!

@trasyd - Corsair hasn't lost me yet and I'm still hopeful of getting top quality products.

I've spent a substantial sum of money on Corsair parts in the past (memory, 2 coolers, 2 PSUs, 2 SSDs, 800D case with a 900D in the pipeline).

But I am not happy.

The 1st RMA was a H100 cooler.This is the 2nd Corsair product to be returned. They need to tighten QA processes a bit. These incidents undermine customer confidence, especially when a top-of-the-line or "premium" product has to be returned.

I've had a fantastic experience with a Taiwanese manufacturer's products (CM) & products from a US manufacturer (An**c) which I used for nearly a decade.

If their products can run for years on end without failing there's no reason why Corsair's products should not.

I know exactly how you feel, my H80i has been nothing but trouble, plus i was missing the rubber washers and when asked if i could have them sent out i was asked to RMA the entire unit (back to holland of course so like £30 for rubber washers!)which I find bizzare as they straight away sent me out new fans when I had the common squealing fault from the original 3 pin fans.

Then this with my PSU....... I just want what I've paid a lot of money for to do exactly what I've been promised.

Maybe some nice Corsair employee is listening and can get me these rubber washers!?!?!?

I hope you get a quick resolution to your issue and hope Corsair correct these issues ASAP! :sigh!:

, plus i was missing the rubber washers and when asked if i could have them sent out i was asked to RMA the entire unit (back to holland of course so like £30 for rubber washers!)

That is the standard automated response.Some parts of the RMA service have no human intervention. Everyone who asks for one is given one. I've never seen one turned down

Spare parts dept will send you just the washers. There is no need to return the entire cooler.

Just make sure you respond or send another message to them through that and they should get back to you that way .

So wait, if you don't get no temp reading for the psu does that mean the psu is faulty? I've had mine for a few months now and I've never really noticed it had a temperature sensor in it other than what those indicators show in the CorsairLink software. I thought it was normal to be at zero since the fan only turns on when its hot or under load but all I know is I tested before installation and it was good to go. The temps indicators has been since on zero when I first got it and installed thinking it would only indicate actual temps when its under load. So is there a cure for this without rma'ing it because I've spent a few hours on wire management alone to get minimal wires to show behind the case. I don't want to have to remove all that and do it over again if it can be fixed through the software.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/7thscent/1200itemps.jpg

The temps indicators has been since on zero when I first got it and installed thinking it would only indicate actual temps when its under load.

It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the PSU itself. Just a malfunctioning temp sensor.

I would try uninstalling the LINK software and be sure you have the latest FW and try it again and see if makes any difference. If it doesn't it's up to you if you want to have it replaced for that or not if it doesn't change.

I'm using the beta corsair link and I went and deleted those indicators for the psu and uninstalled/reinstalled software and I can no longer get those indicators back... lol. It doesn't normally show on the left side like the regular software. Maybe I have to try from a cold start and see if that works. Anyways, yeah if it's just the temp sensors I'm not gonna sweat it cause they're not working.

Just out of curiosity, does it read if you use the ax1200i dongle and go directly to a usb header?

NVM... I figured out what was wrong with it. The pins weren't fully seated in the connector because the pins were showing. As soon I pushed them in with a needle that I had dulled the tip down the temp indicator immediately powered up. Guess it wasn't making contact that's why it wasn't reading.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/7thscent/PC%20Case/h80pinsreinserted.jpg

I tried reseating the cables at the PSU and H100i pump ends but no luck. This was a couple of weeks back. Let me try it again.

I will be removing the PSU and send it back to the retailer for an exchange. If this procedure saves me the hassle then it would be great!

An update - took the data cable off, reattached it to both ends i.e. PSU and the H100i pump. No luck. Used the USB dongle instead - no luck again.

Looks like the temp sensor is kaput. BTW, I can control the PSU fan via Corsair Link software using both connection methods. So the data cable seems to be ok.

This sucks. :mad: :confused:

The PSU and dongle and cables are back in the retail box and will be returned first thing tomorrow morning. Now comes the 10-15 day wait for a replacement.

peanutz94, unfortunately Corsair doesn't support advance replacements for customers outside the US.

I've been advised by Corsair support to return it to the store. It also saves me a tidy sum of money in courier/shipping costs. :biggrin: I am loathe to pay expensive courier charges to ship a pretty heavy (~4 Kg/9 lb) defective item overseas...all for no fault of mine.

peanutz94, unfortunately Corsair doesn't support advance replacements for customers outside the US.

Sure they will.Advanced replacements are available world wide.

There are many users here that will back that up,along with the Corsair staff.

I've been here almost three years now and never seen one turned down.

If your unit is less than 30 days old they will also pay for the shipping costs.

Sure they will.Advanced replacements are available world wide. There are many users here that will back that up,along with the Corsair staff. I've been here almost three years now and never seen one turned down. If your unit is less than 30 days old they will also pay for the shipping costs.

Well, that's encouraging to hear!

Will keep your advice in mind..though here's hoping I never have a reason for another RMA. ;): Thanks peanutz94. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived