Corsair Community

VOID Wireless Issues

dgb

I'm currently experiencing two rather annoying issues and I'd like to know if there's a way to fix it or if Corsair uses its customers for beta testing.

1.) Random disconnects and distortion while other 2.4ghz wireless devices(smartphones and tvs) are operating.

2.) Total disconnect about twice per week requiring the USB dongle to be removed and reinserted to sync back to headset.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 with a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 motherboard. All drivers and Windows updates are up to date.

are you in a area where the 2.4 band is extreamly saturated? Also check your logs when the headset disconnects so we can have a better idea of what is happening.

Saturated, not really. A wifi enabled TV, smartphone, sometimes a laptop(uses 5ghz ssid).

Where can I locate the log files?

Log files can be access by clicking Settings > Support > View logs or the direct location of the log files are;

C:\Users\-Your Username-\AppData\Local\Corsair\HID\logs

Considering the random disconnects and distortion occur when other wireless devices are in use, it's most likely interference. Is your wireless network channel set to auto?

Log files can be access by clicking Settings > Support > View logs or the direct location of the log files are;

C:\Users\-Your Username-\AppData\Local\Corsair\HID\logs

Considering the random disconnects and distortion occur when other wireless devices are in use, it's most likely interference. Is your wireless network channel set to auto?

Logs attached. I would imagine interference, however considering how common 2.4ghz devices are these days I would have assumed Corsair would have engineered some kind of active scanning for a wireless channel with the least usage. I have since disabled wifi on the tv and that seems to have helped a bit, although I'm still getting random disconnects from time to time.

logs.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a follow up to this, I reflashed the firmware, reinstalled the drivers and repaired the connection with the dongle, nothing has fixed the random disconnects.

Are there any other options I can try other than RMA? :|

Just as a follow up to this, I reflashed the firmware, reinstalled the drivers and repaired the connection with the dongle, nothing has fixed the random disconnects.

Are there any other options I can try other than RMA? :|

i dont think you would need a full RMA. PM Corsair Chris and see if he can get a new dongle shipped out to you.

You could try it on another computer if you have one. Or in a different USB port on your mobo.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this as the current firmware and CUE version are causing disconnects and what seems like distortion every 5-15 seconds. Worse if I move my head around. Totally unusable state.

This is on Windows 10 Pro (Build 14328.rs1_release.160418-1609).

Bumping this as the current firmware and CUE version are causing disconnects and what seems like distortion every 5-15 seconds. Worse if I move my head around. Totally unusable state.

This is on Windows 10 Pro (Build 14328.rs1_release.160418-1609).

Same issue here. Popping, crackling and random disconnects. Quite annoying.:[pouts:

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and Power troubleshooter after connecting the device.

Press the ‘Start’ Button.

Type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and press Enter.

Click on view all on the left side and select Hardware and Devices.

Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Again run the Power troubleshooter.

Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If that doesn't help uninstall, reinstall and update latest driver from manufacturer's website.

THIS IS FROM THE WINDOWS INSIDER FORUM.. FIXED IT FOR A FEW PEOPLE

Archived