Corsair Community

650D and Motherboard Standoffs

skyshiro

I just recently bought a 650D from Microcenter and today while I was installing the motherboard I noticed the standoff between the bottom left of the CPU and the RAM was filled with some object.

It completely fills the screw hole and is topped with a dome shape. I tried get it out with no avail.

So I went ahead and screwed in the other 8 standoffs and I'm just curious if my system is safe not screwing the last standoff?

Is there some way to get the object out? Should I exchange the case back at Microcenter? Or am I safe?

Otherwise I love the case! It's fantastic!

I'll try and upload pictures of it later, I can't seem to find the cable for my camera...

how is the airflow in the case? and is the side window made of good material or some cheap plastic?

regarding the case - as long as most of the screws are up and the motherboard doesnt move an inch you should be fine.. i missed probably 2 screws since i built my pc back in july and it works without problems

I haven't tested the airflow, but it seems good enough. If you wanna make sure you can move take out both of the HDD drive cages and move one of them next to the PSU so the 200mm fan in front can get a full blast at your GPU.

The material feels quite solid, not cheap at all. I highly recommend it, I love it!

When I first noticed the "positioning stand-off" in the middle, I thought good going Corsair, it makes placement of the mainboard so much easier! I bet George thought it up! Now George can you just get the PSU design group to add a cool little "White LED" on the upper front of the next line of power supplies showing hybrid fan activity? It could be seen thru the case windows. How cool is that! It would make Corsair stand out even more!;)

Archived