Corsair Community

H80i fans noisy since installing Link

joboho

I bought my second-hand PC with a i7-3770 cooled by a H80i.

It was running nice and quiet for all the time I used it. But then I discovered that the H80i is connected to USB and installed Link.

Now my system is quite noisy!

The fans are connected to the H80i, the group temperature is "H80i temp" and the selected profile is quiet. CPU temp is 30 and water temp is 24.5.

The system is quiet when really fully idle, but even when I open windows explorer, the fan speed rapidly ramps-up. It's very sensitive!

Seeing the temperatures are great, I don't see why they are doing this.

I tried to de-install Corsair Link, but system stays noisy. I cannot seem to get the old situation back. Which is terrible, as I'm using the system as DAW. I cannot do recordings with this noise.

By noisy, I assume you mean because the fans are running faster and not louder at the same speed. H80i temp is coolant temperature, the correct variable to use, and should be slow to change. It is that last reason that makes it useful for fan speed control. The fans should not race up and down when you do things. It would take several minutes at max load to raise H80i temp by the 3-4 degrees necessary to cause a noticeable fan change.

Please confirm the fans are connected to the pump splitter and not the motherboard. You stated Link is set to Quiet and H80i Temp as the control variable. Can you change the setting to a low fixed speed or %? See if that holds. Incidentally, there is no reason you can’t use low fixed speeds for your DAW work. The fans do not need to react to normal changes in cpu temp. The water can absorb a hefty amount of heat before the low fan speed becomes limiting.

Archived