Corsair Community

Profile conversion utility needed.

We are in dire need of a conversion utility to convert between profiles on different models of keyboards, especially the K95. Also, the forum is littered with profiles created with the old CUE software and do not load correctly. In fact it would be better if the CUE program were to create profiles with compatibility in mind. It should also recognize profiles created by earlier version of cue and adjust them accordingly. It is hard enough for many users to create there own profiles much less trying to correct profiles created by other users (especially with no documentation on how to edit the .prf) that just won't work on their machine and only clutter up their installation.

Does Corsair have any plans to address this issue? Corsair James?

We are in dire need of a conversion utility to convert between profiles on different models of keyboards, especially the K95. Also, the forum is littered with profiles created with the old CUE software and do not load correctly. In fact it would be better if the CUE program were to create profiles with compatibility in mind. It should also recognize profiles created by earlier version of cue and adjust them accordingly. It is hard enough for many users to create there own profiles much less trying to correct profiles created by other users (especially with no documentation on how to edit the .prf) that just won't work on their machine and only clutter up their installation.

Their old profiles, the new ones dont have any extra junk and there isnt any plans to change the XML layout any time soon.

Their old profiles, the new ones dont have any extra junk and there isnt any plans to change the XML layout any time soon.

So the profiles exported from any of the RGB keyboards with the latest version of CUE can be imported into any RGB KB including the K95?

If we can assume that everyone has the latest software and firmware, then it follows that if the old profiles are not compatible with the new software/firmware and will potentially mess up Corsair's customers hardware config, then the forum should be purged of the posts containing obsolete profiles. Or at least move to a another location with a stern warning that is is not comparable with CUE v1.5.108 or newer. Some of those old profiles work sort of ok, but many don't and just end up junking up users configurations. I know I have plenty of useless, non working profiles and their associated lighting effects and assignment files cluttering up my Corsair CUE config.

In the end, I really don't care about those old profiles except to make sure I know which ones were created with the old version of CUE so I don't import them. And if I can't load future K65 and K70 profiles into my K95 to edit and modify, then that is a serious usability issue that need to be addressed either with a fix to the CUE import routine or an external conversion utility.

• Corsair Employee

We are working a formal process for profile import and export across all keyboards (type and layout). Its a pretty big undertaking though but it is something we will improve in later revisions of CUE.

• 2 years later...

Such a utility was independently written.

Hi All,

I have knocked up a very simple profile and Mode conversion tool to swap convert profiles / Modes for the K65,K70 and K95

Simply run the app browse to the file you wish to convert and hit the convert button select as destination file name once done import the profile into CUE.

Archived