Corsair Community

Cmso16gx3m2a1333c9

etsi

Hello,

i am have tried many times for mac mini 2011 2.0ghz i7 this type of memory and the other pair that is supposed to work for apple hardware. Everytime the memory fails and i get errors like the following:

Running tests on full 13983MB region...

Stuck Address : setting 1 of 16ok

Linear PRN : setting 1 of 16 ok

Running comparison tests using 6991MB buffers...

Random Value : ok

Compare XOR : ok

Compare SUB : ok

Compare MUL : ok

Compare DIV : ok

Compare OR : ok

Compare AND : ok

Sequential Increment: ok

Solid Bits : setting 1 of 64

FAILURE! Data mismatch at local BUFA address 0x0000000151808f58, BUFB address 0x00000003067e6758

BUFA Data: 0xffffffffffffffff, BUFB Data: 0xffffffffdfffffff

Block Sequential : setting 1 of 256

I buy it from amazon.co.uk. if that matters. Why every memory I try from corsair it doesn't work? Isn't supported by mac mini i7 to use 16gb of memory? Why so bad quality 4/4 times I bought corsair it doesn't pass any test.

Can you please advice what to do? Is there any way to find a working pair of that 16gb memory for mac mini i7 ?

I am really disappointed.

Thanks

Can you please advice what to do? Is there any way to find a working pair of that 16gb memory for mac mini i7 ?

I am really disappointed.

The mac mini's only support a max of 8 gigs. There may not be anything you can do to get 16gig to work. Unless a future BIOS update allows the use of 8 gig modules you are going to be limited to a maximum of 8gigs total. You would be better off with a 2x4gig kit.

http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html

i am have tried many times for mac mini 2011 2.0ghz i7 this type of memory and the other pair that is supposed to work for apple hardware.

Yes it is Apple certified,and may work on some Appple machines, but your hardware still needs to support it in order for it to work correctly. Unfortunately yours does not.

Thanks for the replies, I am testing the ram right one module at a time.

How other brands offer 16gb to work guaranteed for mac mini 2.0ghz i7 and customers report that it works?

RAM GUY if one module has the problem what can I do other than sending the memory back to amazon?

Thank you

Archived