Corsair Community

New 700D Case

Lavacon

I was wondering when there will be more information regarding the 700D case available. I see that Amazon has it listed, but, info is scarce. Is there any information that You(corsair) can share with us?

I am wondering if the bottom HDD rack has been made that a mod is no longer needed for removal.

Is the cage that houses the former hot swap bay removable?

Are there any changes besides the side panel & hot swap bays between the 800 and 700 cases?

When will I see this on Newegg and @ what price point are we looking at?

I hadn't seen anyone ask any questions about the 700d, so i thought I would give it a shot. Thanks for reading :)

• Corsair Employee

Keep an eye out on our Press Releases and Blog, as more information becomes available you will find it there first.

I am not too sure about your first two questions, but you are correct about the differences between the 800D and the 700D.

Unfortunately I am unsure of the exact pricing as well, so this response may not be too informative, but I can tell you that the case is coming soon, and your questions should all be answered within the next few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

The 700D looks easier to mod to add more air intake compared to the 800D, but at $270 for a 80% steel case we shouldn't have to do custom modding to improve the poor air-flow design. People do like this case but they don't want to spend $300 on a water cooling setup to solve cooling issues with this case.

The price for the 800D and 700D are the same on newegg, one comes with free shipping the other one costs around $29 for S/H. You end up paying the same premium price for both. I do like the looks of both cases but i don't get why they come with a premium price. Your competitors can sell an all aluminum full tower for $100 less.

The 700D looks easier to mod to add more air intake compared to the 800D, but at $270 for a 80% steel case we shouldn't have to do custom modding to improve the poor air-flow design. People do like this case but they don't want to spend $300 on a water cooling setup to solve cooling issues with this case.

I just had an "epiphany" after reading a post on [H]ardOCP about why someone would want to do watercooling. There were some thoughtful replies and I got to thinking:

For let's say a 10% (max) improvement in performance, do I wnat to spend almost $500 more than if I did aircooling + an H50 for the CPU (i7 920). Plus, add at least 10 pounds / 5 kilos (my estimate) additional case weight plus additional maintenance, and then I decided, NO, I don't want to do full water-cooling.

I'm willing to spend a reasonable amount for additional case fans, and the $80 for an H50, but that's it. I don't want to build up a system that will be almost too heavy to lift up to my desk when I need to.

I really think that @ $270 the 700D really misses the mark. $30 less and no window to mod? It's not worth it. As the other poster posted above, with shipping considered, they cost almost the same. They are too closely priced together to make the 700d viable.

I really think that @ $270 the 700D really misses the mark. $30 less and no window to mod? It's not worth it. As the other poster posted above, with shipping considered, they cost almost the same. They are too closely priced together to make the 700d viable.

Mostly I agree. Now, for me, even at the same price, the 700D is worth it, but since the manufacturing cost should be a bit lower (e.g. no hot-swap drive bays), the price should be a bit lower.

But for me, the side window was a "negative," and I was prepared to spend the $20 + shipping and handling (post and packing, for our UK friends :D:) to buy the solid side door. And after reading about all the problems with the hotswap drive bays and cabling in the 800D, I'm just as happy to give up that feature.

• Corsair Employee
It does look like the price is a little inflated especially when you factor in shipping. It could be because its brand new and currently not widely available just yet. There are other websites that list the 700D at lower prices but the units are not currently in stock. Give it a few weeks and the prices should stabilize a bit once the case is more widely available.

I noticed the 700D comes with a side panel window at Newegg, so I bought it! Should have it next week!

I just looked at Newegg's ad for the 700D and you might wanna go read that again- specifically, read a response someone wrote about an email asking about that side window.

Also, go to Corsair's home page, hover your cursor over Cases + Cooling at the top of the page, then hover over Cases in the ensuing drop down, then click on 700D, then scroll to the bottom of the window and click on Buy Now and compare prices.

This is just a heads-up- I have nothing against Newegg, I've bought stuff from 'em in the past and will buy from 'em again whenever they offer the best deal on whatever it is I'm shopping for. Newegg is an up-and-up company and I know you can return the case if it turns out not to be what you thought you were gonna get, but that's never fun

:p:

yep, they fixed the roll over text and the specifications today that previously stated "with side panel window". They offered me a $15 credit which is way cool, since I spent $1500, purchased all Corsair components and the only item without a any type of discount was the case. Plus notified them of the typo:biggrin:

Archived