Corsair Community

CUE v2.13.80 causing Windows not to shut down.

IcEWoLF

After upgrading to the latest version I've been having this issue, my system won't shut down, it gets stuck at the windows shut down loading screen. Everything freezes there.

When I uninstalled CUE everything started shutting down fine.

Then I did a fresh install on CUE, deleted all profiles/firmware and the issue started happening again.

Suggestions?

Try checking Event Viewer and see whether there are any entries related to CUE at the time the computer is shutting down.

I am not sure what to look for in Event Viewer or how to check, I know how to get in Event Viewer but I am not sure where to go.

I closed the application Corsair Utility Engine before shutting down and it shut down just fine.

This is a bit frustrating because I need this software to make my mouse pad (Polaris) work since they don't have an option to save configs when uninstalling the software, I have the cosair keyboard, thankfully that one has the option to save color settings.

This is such a pain with Corsair and their software, It makes me want to dump them and go back to Razer...

• 3 weeks later...

You may wish to configure your system to allow a manual crash dump to be taken when your system hangs during shutdown. Then you can file a ticket with Corsair support so that a developer can analyze the dump file and determine why your system is hanging.

Posting on these forums is not the same as having Corsair support look at your issue, but it is easy and useful for when other people have the same problem (although doing a forum search before posting is likely to show you if there is an answer or if your problem is likely to be specific to your machine and configuration.)

• Corsair Employee
I am not sure what to look for in Event Viewer or how to check, I know how to get in Event Viewer but I am not sure where to go.

I closed the application Corsair Utility Engine before shutting down and it shut down just fine.

This is a bit frustrating because I need this software to make my mouse pad (Polaris) work since they don't have an option to save configs when uninstalling the software, I have the Corsair keyboard, thankfully that one has the option to save color settings.

This is such a pain with Corsair and their software, It makes me want to dump them and go back to Razer...

The software doesn't delete settings unless you check the box so I don't understand what you mean by it doesn't save configs.

CUE doesn't affect shutdown unless the shutdown causes a crash. Typically this isn't a result of CUE but something that affects Qt (our framework). We would need additional info like your logs to analyze why without guessing.

We try to make our software flawless but software isn't going to be perfect for everyone. It doesn't matter if its Corsair, Razer, Logitech, or even Windows. Opinions that place one company over another irritates me more than simply saying Corsair sucks because it is unfair if not unjustified.

Archived