Corsair Community

XMS working with XMS Pro

fulani

Hi, I originally bought a 256mb stick of Corsair XMS Pc3200 (DDR400) in November 2002.

I added another 256mb of the same stuff about 6 months later, and last week I decided to get another 512.

I went for the XMS Pro 512 stick from http://www.overclockers.co.uk as I like things with flashing lights, and someone on another forum told me it was the same RAM but with a black heatspreader and lights.

It's not. I've tested it and can only conclude they have different latency settings.

Can anyone give me the settings that will work so I can use all 3 sticks at once, or is that impossible?

Right, the RAM in my machine at the moment (2x256) is the original DDR400 stuff. I can't check it until I shut down!

The new stuff is XMS Pro - CMX512-3200C2PRO

XMS 3202V4.1

0445100-4

XMS3200 512MB 400MHZ CL2

Mainboard is a Soltek Purple Ray KT600 running an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ at 400mhz FSB.

Will get back soon with other ram numbers...

right, the "old" memory reads as follows:

CMX 256A-3200C2PT

XMS 3202 V1.1 0303004

XMS 3200 256MB 400MHZ CL2

The other 256mb stick is exactly the same, except the serial reads 024304.

Sorry for such a complex problem, hope you can help!!

Right, here's what I have in my BIOS. As far as I can see there are no other RAM settings...

Configure by SPD: Disabled

Frequency: 400mhz

Cas# Latency: 3.0

Bank Interleave: disabled

Burst length: 4QW

Command Rate: 2T

Fast Command: Normal

So what can I change to sort me out??

:eek:

right, have tested it in another system running GeIL ram.

Again, works fine on its own, but when put with something else, screws up.

I finally got an RMA from the company I bought it from, but I have a feeling they're just going to send it back as they won't find the problem I'm having.

I just want it to work!!

What is the exact part# of all of the modules you have in this system, and you do realize that if you use more than one module with this platform DDR333 is suggested right!

Which platform? I have two 256mb sticks of 400 running right now. it's the third one I can't get to work properly...

• Corsair Employee
KT600 chipset will need to run the memory slower when you have more the 2 banks installed. XMS256A would be single banked modules. Please check your user manual and or contact the MB maker for more specification info.

KT600 chipset will need to run the memory slower when you have more the 2 banks installed. XMS256A would be single banked modules. Please check your user manual and or contact the MB maker for more specification info.

Oh crap muppets.

So you reckon underclocking to 333 would give me a usable total of 1024mb then?

Archived