Corsair Community

Bluescreens with CMX8GXM2A1 on GA-Board

Zorgan

Hey there Community,

I'm working for over a week now with my new PC and from the beginning I had Bluescreens.

I don't know what to do next, so I hope someone here can help me out.

The system runs with only one RAM without BSODs.

The BSODs are:

- PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)

- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

with Image_Name Memory_corruption.

If you need the complete analysis, I can give you that, but there are not specific drivers involved, so I left them out.

What has been done:

- newest Bios (F9)

- Memtest several times - no errors

- changed VGA (first I thought it would be the VGA)

- Set Memory Timings manually (9-9-9-24 2T)

- Set Subtimings manually

- Memory runs on 1333 MHz with 1.5V

- Changed the Memory-slots

- Set the Memory in Single-Channel-slots

I really don't know what to do anymore. I tried to get support in the GA-Forums, but everything they stated didn't work out.

Hope someone here has an idea or should I get a new pair of RAM?

I would test each stick individually in the same slot with memtest. That way you can rule out a bad module. If they both pass that way then i would try the other slots with each stick individually. You may have a bad slot in the MB.

You may also want to pull the CPU and check the socket for bent pins. It's happened on more than one occasion and is really easy to do . Even if you are really careful installing the CPU.

Did you try just using the XMP profile?

I will try them each with memtest.

The CPU has no pins that can be bend, it's not an AMD ;)

The XMP-Profile of this motherboard isn't compatible with the memory, has been said on the gigabyte forum.

They even said that i lose my gurantee on the memory, if i put it on 1.65v because the maximum for the cpu is 1.5V.

I tried the XMP for one day but i think there was a wrong command rate for the memory (default of the board is 1, memory uses 2).

The CPU has no pins that can be bend, it's not an AMD ;)

No but the socket does and they are easily bent.

The XMP-Profile of this motherboard isn't compatible with the memory, has been said on the gigabyte forum.

Sorry, I don't know anything about that. We have seen the occasional bad stick of ram, but nothing about having problems on any certain gigabyte MB's.

They even said that i lose my guarantee on the memory, if i put it on 1.65v because the maximum for the cpu is 1.5V.

Nope, again this isn't true. The modules are good up untill 2.0 volts. As a matter of fact on some systems(mostly x58) you need to run them at 1.65v anyway. Someone is feeding you incorrect information

I tried the XMP for one day but i think there was a wrong command rate for the memory (default of the board is 1, memory uses 2).

Nope again, nothing wrong there. Most MB default to 1t .Actually command rate is more of a motherboard setting than it is memory setting and not programed into the SPD information of the modules.

If anything you may also need just a slight bump in your memory controller voltage. It's usually CPU/VTT or VCCIO or something similar in your BIOS. Try 1.2v and you can go to 1.25v if you have to.

If you have one close to VCCIO that is VCCIA , leave that one alone. it alone.

I would start with changing the command rate to 2t and then if you still have the same issue bump the memory controller voltage up . And as always ,be sure you have the latest BIOS for your MB

You'll just have to manually change the command rate to 2t . That may even be the root of your problems. So if you have not set that manually, i would.

Hmm if I remove the cpu i would have to renew the thermal compound, so i want to have that as a last resort.

Well i thought what they told me about the voltage was a bit odd.

Didn't believe them to 100% but i went on the safe side.

Temporarily i changed the VCC to 1.2V and the Memory to 1.65V but the problems did still occur.

But at that time i hadn't the timings set manually.

That would be the next thing to try then. Up to now i had one ram with memtest about 5h with no errors.

The next one is running now over night.

After activating the XMP the voltage of VCC/QTT was 1.2V and memory running with 1600 MHz on 1.65V.

So should i try the XMP then with adjusting the timings manually? (I already set the CR to 2 manually with 1.5V, that didn't solve the problem)

And as stated in my first post, the bios is up to date ;)

After activating the XMP the voltage of VCC/QTT was 1.2V and memory running with 1600 MHz on 1.65V.

So should i try the XMP then with adjusting the timings manually? (I already set the CR to 2 manually with 1.5V, that didn't solve the problem)

And as stated in my first post, the bios is up to date ;)

All you should have to do is load set up defaults and enable XMP. That should sset the timings for you. If it does not set the timings go ahead. Then run them through memtest.

Starting to thin you have a bad MB

Hmm i had bluescreens with activated XMP and all timings on auto.

I will try it with XMP and CR 2.

Hope that will do it.

And yeah..i hate me for choosing Gigabyte Board. But i thought give it a try, because so many people say Gigabyte is fine.

Well next time it will be Asus again...

Well now tested the memory each individual stick in same and different slots with no errors.

XMP is activated now and the CR is on 2 automatically.

I'll give a stats update if the bluescreens happen again.

Thanks for you help so far peanutz.

Well now tested the memory each individual stick in same and different slots with no errors.

XMP is activated now and the CR is on 2 automatically.

I'll give a stats update if the bluescreens happen again.

Thanks for you help so far peanutz.

No worries, just let us know how you make out.

If you keep having issues i would contact Gigabyte. Seems the memory is not the issue as much as the MB.

Archived