Corsair Community

Force 3 240 GB Not Behaving

Tedd

Built a new PC Using an Asus Board (P8Z77-VLK), a 3570 K I5, 8 gigs memory. Initially tried it out using an old 750 gig WD SATA II Drive. Worked fine if a lot slower than it could be. Used Win 8 Preview to test then ordered and installed Win 7 Ultimate. All went well until---I decided to fly and installed a 240 Gig CSSD-F240GB#A-BK ********.

It is, when it works, scary fast. I mean like the Ferrari of drives. Lot's of fun. Problem is Bluc Screens, Black Screens, lock ups. Tried everything I could think of and whatever I could find on line. The configuration seems fine. Run it on the old drive and it is fine. The one thing that really sticks out in all this is when it is working fine, in remission sort to speak, I can restart the system, turn it off do anything. That is except turn off the power to the box. Pull the plug. Try to restart it and it freezes right after you see the starting windows thing. Safe mode-maybe, maybe not. Not even sure how I ever get it started again. I know sometimes the only cure is to reload the os.

Flashed to the latest firmware at least twice, reloaded the bios on my mb, reloaded Windows 7 several times. I think the thing is NG.

Is there something I am missing about these drives? I know there are more details but a full log of all the starts, stops and crashes would really be impossible.

Right now I am getting ready to pull the drive out of the PC in order to ----- haven't quite decided yet.

Oh-and what's with TRIM being removed from the latest firmware? I did not want an ssd without TRIM.

Archived