Corsair Community

Commander Link questions?

rschissler

I just installed a Commander Pro and a few ML120 Pro RGB fans and everything is working with Commander Link, but maybe not as well as it should be. I also have a H80i v2 cooler installed.

A few questions:

1. In the "Advanced Corsair RGB Setup" diagram, why is there a Power Supply plugged into USB on the Commander Pro? Is there something about new power supplies that I don't know about?

2. My H80i and the two fans are running, but the rpm for the fans says 0 in Commander Link. The pump rpm is about 1200rpm. Why do I have 0rpm when they are running? I'm using the CPU fan header on the motherboard and the USB for the cooler is plugged into the motherboard. Should I have plugged the USB into the Commander Pro?

3. The RGB color for the H80i emblem is static in Commander Link. So, there are no other effects available for it?

4. Why is red such a hard color to get with the ML RGB fans? When going through the effects like rainbow on slow speed, it shows red for a split second and that's it, not like the other colors. When I try static and try to eyedrop red, it seems the best I can get is orange. Yet, on my Corsair RGB Vengeance RAM, I can get a beautiful deep red.

I just installed a Commander Pro and a few ML120 Pro RGB fans and everything is working with Commander Link, but maybe not as well as it should be. I also have a H80i v2 cooler installed.

A few questions:

1. In the "Advanced Corsair RGB Setup" diagram, why is there a Power Supply plugged into USB on the Commander Pro? Is there something about new power supplies that I don't know about?

The "i" series Corsair PSUs have Link support and a USB connection. It's optional but shown as an example.

2. My H80i and the two fans are running, but the rpm for the fans says 0 in Commander Link. The pump rpm is about 1200rpm. Why do I have 0rpm when they are running? I'm using the CPU fan header on the motherboard and the USB for the cooler is plugged into the motherboard. Should I have plugged the USB into the Commander Pro?

You aren't powering your cooler properly. The fan header that the cooler is attached to should be at 100% so that the cooler gets the full 12V that is required for it to operate properly. See the "Corsair Hydro Series FAQ" link in my signature, towards the end, under "Fan Header Powered Coolers FAQ".

3. The RGB color for the H80i emblem is static in Commander Link. So, there are no other effects available for it?

On that cooler, there are no effects available. You don't get effects on the cooler RGB until the new Pro series coolers.

4. Why is red such a hard color to get with the ML RGB fans? When going through the effects like rainbow on slow speed, it shows red for a split second and that's it, not like the other colors. When I try static and try to eyedrop red, it seems the best I can get is orange. Yet, on my Corsair RGB Vengeance RAM, I can get a beautiful deep red.

Rather than trying the eye dropper, use the RGB settings R=255, G & B = 0. That will be 100% red. Then you can alter the brightness.

Thanks! I thought the cooler was set to 100% in the BIOS, but it seems it wasn't. The rpms work now in Commander Link.

Also, the 255 for Red gives true red. Still, I wonder why red only gets a split second on rainbow effects, etc. when other colors have more of a transition.

One thing that bugs me about the ML 120 RGB fans is that the LED's themselves are a very bright intensity and distracting, when viewing from above. What I love about my two Corsair Vengeance RGB dimms is how the whole things glow with such solid consistency. I think I love it so much that I might have to fill the other two slots with them. LOL!

Archived