Corsair Community

h100i gtx cooler fan 0 rpm

zupko

Hey, I just got me an h100i gtx water cooler and asus z170 pro gaming mother board. At 1st i had problem connecting the device via usb, but somehow windows (7 ultimate) found the suitable drivers.

So my problem is that in CL the cooler fan RPM is showing 0, also the fan is blinking red in preview. Yes i have the latest version. I am able to change from quite to performance mode and the fans correspond to that like they should, so no problem with that. I tried disabling Q-Fan control in bios, but that didnt helped (also lost the chance to swicth modes, so I set to default). I uninstalled CL link, make sure that is plugged into CPU_FAN, made tons of restarts but the fan is still blinking and showing 0 rpm. Also in the bios the CPU FAN RPM at the moment with default settings is N/A.

I am kinda lost, any help would be much appreciated

Yes the fans are spinning normaly (faster in performance mode and a bit slower if i change to quite mode).

I can see the temperature of every other component in my pc via CL, including pump rpm, cooler temperature, also graphic card ...

It's just that fan cooler is blinking red and cooler fan RPM is 0 in CL.

Should i try connect the cooler via 3pin molex directly to the PSU and then set CPU_FAN to ignoring in bios?

Looks like everything works normaly now when i pluged the cooler into CPU_OPT.. The CL is showing normaly and everything working as it should..

Is it possible that there is problem with my CPU_FAN socket? Should i return the mobo or am i OK with CPU_OPT ?

Even if i plug in CPU_FAN just a normal fan, i get an error saying:

CPU Fan speed error detected.

So i needed to ignore the speed in bios.

Thanks alot stale ! it kinda works now

Try reseting to default,

bios is up to date but the error is still there.

I am not sure if i want to return it, because now its working on CPU_OPT without a problem.

Will running a cooler on CPU_OPT with time make any problems?

Also I could run cooler directly from PSU right? So there wouldn't be any need for attaching anything to CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT, FAN_1 slots right?

Will running a cooler on CPU_OPT with time make any problems?

CPU_OPT connector basically is designed for cooling system with a pair of fans.

at the moment I do not see how you could have a problem,

maybe in the future, but you can always take the motherboard to RMA

Also I could run cooler directly from PSU right? So there wouldn't be any need for attaching anything to CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT, FAN_1 slots right

YES.

• 1 month later...
Hey was having the same issue as zupko with my H100iGTX not showing Cooler Fan RPM in Corsair LINK on my Asus Z97 board. Powered down my system, switched to from the CPU_FAN to CPU_OPT, booted up and Corsair LINK now had the Cooler Fan RPM widget with the RPM displaying instead of 0 and blinking red. Works for me!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Man i solve it well in my case when i connect the pin header i connected in CPU_OPT which i supposed to be correct but NO in the manual said connect in the CPU_FAN, then i connected to CPU_FAN and it works CL4 reads me now the fans RPM and the pump, before connect to CPU_FAN it shows to me fan 0 RPM and pumo in performance @1200 RPM max, NOW it reads me in performance an AVG of 2500RPM and trust me it's a huge difference

• 10 months later...
Man i solve it well in my case when i connect the pin header i connected in CPU_OPT which i supposed to be correct but NO in the manual said connect in the CPU_FAN, then i connected to CPU_FAN and it works CL4 reads me now the fans RPM and the pump, before connect to CPU_FAN it shows to me fan 0 RPM and pumo in performance @1200 RPM max, NOW it reads me in performance an AVG of 2500RPM and trust me it's a huge difference

hey

i have same issue, cl4 show cpu rpm 0 but sometims show but usually at 0.

i can monitor pump and can change settings(quite,performance) also can change cpu fan rpm when i choose max i heard high noise as well. cl4 is working but did not show cpu rpm well.

Guys what is ur offer ? connect cpu_opt pin or disable q-fan in bios or something else ?

You need to connect the H100i v2 to a header set to 100% or a constant 12v signal. Do not use the BIOS or other fan software to reduce this voltage. If the pump or fans are too loud, turn them down using the Link software.

Theoretically, you can make it work from any header, however most people have some benefit in placing in on CPU fan. That header has limited other purposes for case fans and will usually produce a BIOS error when nothing is there. The earlier conversations about CPU FAN vs OPT relate specifically to Asus boards. GA sets their headers up a little differently. Disabled is likely the option you want, although there is likely another way to get the same thing (100% fan/12v).

• 1 month later...

Archived