Corsair Community

Possible Memory fault?

Darac

Hi

I have been having radom crashes for a while now and I just cannot seem to pin it down. Problems I have is random blue screen and reboots, never when just in windows any when playing games.

I have been checking everything from drivers to bios setting and I cannot seem to find anything at fault.

I have Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 Ram, I have ran Memtest86+ v4.20 and when underclocked at 10666 I get no faults on the memory test, but if I change in bios to 18666 with the clocks all right I get lots of faults in Memtest86+ v4.20.

Now I still crash to desktop and blue screen even at the slower speed but at the faster setting I crash faster. I have been trying my best to play Anno 2070 and Battlefield 3, but with the crashes I have kind of given up.

So I'm wondering if I might have faulty Ram and I'm seeking advice on what I should do, what I might have missed and any help to make me not give up on PC gaming.

Thanks in advance for the help

*Edit*

Found some other Corsair DDR3 I can use to test, not as good and less RAM but worth a try to test I guess, fingures crossed no crashes ingame, but any info you might have please still let me know

619897169_cpu-zmem.jpg.8beda5379489b1ff3acf9c61ff9d3c58.jpg

685823309_cpu-zSPD.jpg.936e98d9a654e0ac3426f0d9efa9213d.jpg

Please make sure that you have the latest MB BIOS version then go to BIOS and load setup defaults and then enable XMP profile one and test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

Updated bios, and memory now running without issue, Anno 2070 still crashes but I think thats a problem with the game and crossfired video cards.

My PSU should be fine, just think its a problem with the new video cards and there drivers and poor cf support in some games.

Thanks for the help

Archived