Corsair Community

SLI-Ready Certified?

Wired

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Are the Corsair power supplies also going to be Crossfire Certified?

We are looking into it. They work fine with Crossfire but there are rules as to which certification you advertise and such. You'll notice that almost no PSUs are advertised as Crossfire Certified and SLI Certified, they all pick one or the other...wonder why that is? ;)

I noticed Nvidia has a couple of different classifications of SLI certifications.

- Dual GeForce 7950 GX2 (Quad SLI technology)

- Dual GeForce 7900 GTX or Dual GeForce 7800 GTX 512 MB*

- All other SLI PC configurations*

I'm just wondering which classification each of the Corsair power supplies falls under. The nVidia website still does not show the Corsair power supplies under their SLI certification list.

• Corsair Employee
I noticed Nvidia has a couple of different classifications of SLI certifications.

- Dual GeForce 7950 GX2 (Quad SLI technology)

- Dual GeForce 7900 GTX or Dual GeForce 7800 GTX 512 MB*

- All other SLI PC configurations*

I'm just wondering which classification each of the Corsair power supplies falls under. The nVidia website still does not show the Corsair power supplies under their SLI certification list.

Our certification is currently at 7900GTX level. We are not yet certified for Quad SLI but are working on it.

Do you think the HX520W will get Quad certification? I noticed you were running a Quad rig in the lab with the HX520W, hopefully tested under full load.

It's important to get Quad certification if I'm to consider this power supply to build either a Quad SLI or 1950XTX crossfire, due to the higher consumption of the ATI card. It would be especially great if the 520W could do it too.

Edit:

Hmm, I just noticed Nvidia updated their SLI website and the HX620 falls under the 7900GTX cert, while the HX520 falls under *other SLI cert.

Archived