Corsair Community

Ax1200i help, faulty psu?

mistadizzy

I am experiencing random restarts, program freezes/crashes. My system specs are listed above in the spec tab but i have a ax1200i which doesnt seem to function properly.

I have been unable to determine the cause of my problems but in any case my psu self test light isnt lighting up properly when i press the self test button. The light is off when computer is powered down. Power is connected and psu switch on. I press self test button and no light at all. I hear feint clicking in psu each time i press the button.

In addition, after hours of gaming and multiple random restarts i removed case panel to check components and i notice psu is warm-hot to the touch. A check in corsair link reveals 50 c temps after restart (so im thinking it may have been warmer around the time of shut down). i also noticed no fan action at this temp which i figure could be normal but for a warm temp i would think atleast some fan would help. (fan profile was balanced at time of power down). To help cool psu to a lower range I manually set the fan in psu to 100% using corsair link and it spun to 1800 rpm and reduced to sub 35c within minutes and maintained for remainder of session. A interesting note is that i haven't had a random restart since adjusting the fan (2 crashes though, which could be normal for the game, PS2...) Is this all normal function for the psu? Should the psu get that warm with no fan action requiring a manual setting?

I have run prime95 and furnark on various occasions with good temps and no problems. Ran all tests with prime95, memtest and anvil fine also. A fritzy psu seems to describe my intermittent problem but if someone could offer some insight it is much appreciated.

Thanks

I have been unable to determine the cause of my problems but in any case my psu self test light isnt lighting up properly when i press the self test button. The light is off when computer is powered down. Power is connected and psu switch on. I press self test button and no light at all. I hear feint clicking in psu each time i press the button.

This will not work unless you have unplugged all cables to the PSU. So, unplug them , then try the self test again.

But just from your description doesn't sound much like PSU problems. Can you see what the voltages are being reported as in the BIOS

All the random restarts are Kernel Power Event 41 errors. Microsoft explains it as a bad shut down detected on restart but the cause of the restart could be the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Each of the past 2 nights i have forgotten to load corsair link before playing a game (thus not activating my psu fan profile to 100% fan). Within 15 minutes of playing i experienced a restart on both occasions. After i restarted i turned the psu fan on and had no issues (2-3 hours). It certainly seems strange.

Both restarts were Kernel Power Event 41 errors

some further investigation reveals 15 critical errors (Event 41 Kernel Power) almost 1 a day dating back to 1/27/13. Then i look at the system log at what was done around that time. Some misc windows updates and corsair link the day before. :(:.

I am using the link node with a cooling and lighting kit. Could that be the problem?

I have successfully updated all firmware as per info on the website

• Corsair Employee
I would try connecting the PSU directly to the MB header by passing the Corsair Link Commander and see if the system behaves the same. OR maybe totally remove C link and run the system with out the commander and C link and see if that makes a difference.

Archived