Corsair Community

Cracking sound (pop) with vengeance 1500

feufollets

Hi guys! I have my corsair vengeance 1500 for quite a long time now and I had no major issues with it so far but recently, 2 weeks ago, I changed my peripherals (mouse and keyboard). I bought a mechanical keyboard with a corsair m90 and since then, I have popping sound when ever I do something like watching a video, skype call, play a video game. The sound kind of pop or cut it is really annoying right now. I was looking through some forums thread about it so I downloaded the DPC latency checker and I ran it for around 5 minutes with always green bars and I still had the issue. Sometime I unplug and plug them back in and sometime it does reduce the cracking sound or make it disapear for awhile but it always come back :( any tips or things I should try?

thanks you!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have to post back in my post because I had an issue with my corsair 1500 not being recognized by windows (now it's fixed) but I still have some with cracking noises.

The headset is connected to usb 2.0 port.

My setting is 7.1 with the profile F.P.S. gaming (default).

I run DPC latency check permanently and everytime I get those cracking noises I go check and it's always green.

Ok, I think I found something, I was listening to music without any cracking sound and then I started playing game and I noticed many cracking noises while I was moving. If I grab the volume thing (not sure the exact word for it but the thing on the cable to mute or increase/decrease volume) and move it the cracking noises start to appear. I definetly can make a link between touching the cable and the cracking noises. It appears more if I touch the cable near the volume thing. Need help :)

Just a small update for you Ram Guy, I have a belkin surge protector with has a red LED for grounded and I use it on every wallet in the appartment and it turns out only the bathroom one are actually properly grounded because the red led was turning on so I plugged my pc near the bathroom and plugged everything unplugged etc... touched the psu to discharge myself and I still have the static issue with my headphone on a grounded wallet...

Archived