Corsair Community

500R space issues with HDD sata power cables bunching from AX650 power supply

danwest

hello, i'm having some connection issues with mounting my HDDs in my 500R case with an AX650 power supply. with the HDDs mounted in the case, when i plug in the sata power connectors from the power supply, there is too much wire between the connectors and i can't close the case cover. there is only about 2.5 cm of space between the HDD and the side case cover. i try bending the slack but it is too stiff and puts too much strain on the HDD sata power port. plus, with the cable folded to eliminate slack, i still won't be able to get the case cover on plus it messes with the orientations of the connectors, one notch up, another notch down.

also, the notch in the sata power connector is facing in a way which forces me to mount the HDDs upside down.

what do i do? please help. :confused:

658013096_bunchingcables.jpg.1ad9baad9b8d3c64ee9379fa2270ef9c.jpg

Unplug the connectors, Then move the wire between the connectors inside the HD cage. So that the wire is inside the HD cage.

i thought of that but that would make those bays in the cage unusable for future expansion. i got a bit creative with folding and i managed to make it work.

see attached pic for result.

P.S, i wish corsair would make a special cable that would line up properly with every bay in the HDD cage. it would require 6 sata power connectors at specific intervals.

2115160015_satapowercablemanagement.thumb.jpg.905aa88129688833149ce27af60c0916.jpg

• 1 year later...

hey

i just installed a board in that same case and I can't use the lower row of sata plugs. the ridge inside the case is in the way. anyone else have that issue? if i raise the board the back side stuff will not fit.

i thought of that but that would make those bays in the cage unusable for future expansion. i got a bit creative with folding and i managed to make it work.

see attached pic for result.

P.S, i wish corsair would make a special cable that would line up properly with every bay in the HDD cage. it would require 6 sata power connectors at specific intervals.

i feel ya,,i have to use a pair of tweezers to connect the cables and fold away but its still very cramped..

Archived