Corsair Community

h100i v2 or h150i pro ?

victorgpu

You can take a look at your typical coolant delta values to get an idea of the raw performance gains. However, the immediate benefit is likely same or slightly better cooling with a lot less fan speed. It is also a natural fit on the 460/570 and I know we have some user who have made this switch and can add real use experience.

Generally rule of thumb:

120mm = CPU not OC'ed

240mm = CPU OC'ed

360mm or more = CPU OC'ed and fans running quieter under full load.

While I like bigger rads, having a front mounted rad as intake will keep the CPU cooler, though it will increase the temp of the GPU, this in theory could reduce the boost of your GPU and thermally throttle it. The biggest selling point of an AIO IMHO is you can take the heat and put it outside of the box to keep other components cooler. I think AIO are best exhausted out of the system.

On the other hand when it comes to custom loop I have a 360 on top and a 360 in front and both are on intake as my GPU and CPU are liquid cooled, so I don't have to worry about thermal throttling. Though these scenarios can really vary based off what components you have, what you are doing, and environmental variables.

Though a 360mm in the front does look awesome! :)

While I like bigger rads, having a front mounted rad as intake will keep the CPU cooler, though it will increase the temp of the GPU, this in theory could reduce the boost of your GPU and thermally throttle it. The biggest selling point of an AIO IMHO is you can take the heat and put it outside of the box to keep other components cooler. I think AIO are best exhausted out of the system.

570x is a strange case... mount the fronts and top as intake (both are also filtered!),,, single rear exhaust. temps will be more than low enough on both cpu and gpu.. technically the 570x is an open case. more in than out keeps the dust down and the temps in check with this case imho.

Archived