Corsair Community

Bought Vengeance 2000 - Can't make anything work

HardwareHog

Hello there,

I just received my Vengeance 2000 headset today and I am having difficulties. I checked I had driver installed, tried all my ports, I also tried other USB headsets/charging devices in the ports and they _do_ work. I have no idea what to do. Here's what lead me to this situation. This is the exact order I did these things in:

1. Unboxed

2. Plugged in charger to USB 3.0 and plugged the other end into the headset, headset instantly turned SOLID amber, and has stayed this way since just l like yours. And yes, even if I unplug everything and leave them on the table they are still SOLID amber, its driving me nuts.(perhaps this is what causes the problem, trying to charge before the drivers are installed, and before the dongle is connected??

3. Let PC run idle for 5 hours with the charger plugged in to the SOLID amber headphones hoping they would charge anyway/start pulsing eventually/go green. However, they never did change, they are still solid amber.

4. Decided I waited long enough, plugged in dongle and installed drivers.

5. Restarted my PC.

6. Now as my computer started up, my headset went solid blue under the power button. And still lights SOLID amber at the charge cable insert. I can not get any sound out of the headphones, I can not turn the blue light off by holding down the power button for any number of seconds, and I can not for the love of god make the SOLID amber go away?

7. I've now spent 7 hours trying to get this headset to work, and thusly will be going to bed. I am now going to leave the headset on the desk, UNplugged from the PC to hopefully drain the battery(however, Im not sure what I'd be draining, seeing as they refuse to play sound, and if they charged at any point, shouldn't they have PULSED amber?)and then try to start over when the solid amber disappears(if it ever does).

I would really love some help with this issue :confused:

Kind regards,

Sebastian

• Corsair Employee
Sebastian, drain the headset by leaving it on and then recharge it to full completely before using it. If you still have issues with it after that, let me know as I'd like to get the headset back for analysis (and we will exchange it for you).

Archived