Corsair Community

HG10 N780 help

rowan112

hello i'm thinking of buying the HG10 N780 and i looked up tech sheet and it appears that it supports my msi gaming 3 gtx 780ti but it says i will need a blower fan, where can i find one of these blower fans since i've never owned a ref design gpu.

also it doesn't say which cpu coolers are supported on the bracket but would the h100i worked on the bracket?

You can ask people on enthusiast forums and see if someone is willing to sell their reference cooler or the blower fan for you but i'm not sure how well it will work with your card as its most likely configured for the fans that come with it.

From pictures it looks like it uses the standard Intel mounting bracket so it should work fine but i'm not 100% sure.

Since so many cards the HG10 N780 would be compatible with are using aftermarket coolers, we're going to be shipping it with the blower fan pre-installed.

awesome, where can i get a HG10 N780? i don't see any online stores selling in the uk.

• 3 weeks later...

I was interested in purchasing a bracket for my EVGA 780 and H-60 I have laying around but I couldn't find one!

That's a real bummer... delayed just for a blower fan...???

I mean couldn't the people with custom coolers just get a blower fan??? I must have around a dozen blower fans laying around in boxes from old builds and stuff.

Oh well I guess Ill be waiting since there is no other decent solution for 780 ATM.

Also, I am Really loving the H60 and H100i that I have acquired... Awesome coolers with no maint required... well done!

Since so many cards the HG10 N780 would be compatible with are using aftermarket coolers, we're going to be shipping it with the blower fan pre-installed.

Dustin, will the HG10 A1 for the 290 also be available with an aftermarket cooler? As hot as they run, I am fairly happy with my XFX DD (Regardless of what some people say about them!), but if I could get a second H110i GT and have the 290 run off that instead, I cant think of any good reason not to do it... :)

• Corsair Employee

That fan is just a mockup. To answer questions:

1. Our aftermarket blower should be available separately on our web store at some point.

2. Two-thirds of the cards our HG10-N780 will be compatible with require an aftermarket blower, so it just made more sense to bundle it, especially since removing the stock blower from an NVIDIA stock cooler is a nightmare.

That fan is just a mockup. To answer questions:

1. Our aftermarket blower should be available separately on our web store at some point.

2. Two-thirds of the cards our HG10-N780 will be compatible with require an aftermarket blower, so it just made more sense to bundle it, especially since removing the stock blower from an NVIDIA stock cooler is a nightmare.

Yea I guess I would rather wait and have a proper blower fan that I know fits and gives proper Vreg cooling...

It's def one of the thing's that's so appealing about this bracket to me is that it actually cools the vreg and doesn't just blow air onto it...

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my Impatience I get way to excited for new hardware!

I have two EVGA GeForce® GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB GDDR5 cards with a GTX 750Ti between them). I am interested in adding water cooling to the 780s using the HG10-N780 brackets. I'm not clear if it is compatible with these cards, but if it is, will there be room between the cards to route the two water tubes between them?

The picture linked above shows the two tubes running straight out the side of the card. Presumably the adjacent card would be in the way. Is this an issue? I can't imagine that an empty slot next to the card would be required. If the cooler were rotated 180 degrees, perhaps the tubes can be routed through the gap between the bracket and the case mounting plate. . .

Out of interest I looked up the MSI gaming 3 gtx 780ti mentioned above on the compatibility list and it just has an X next to it and no mention of "fan required". Does the "X" mean it is compatible or not?"

I have two EVGA GeForce® GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB GDDR5 cards with a GTX 750Ti between them). I am interested in adding water cooling to the 780s using the HG10-N780 brackets. I'm not clear if it is compatible with these cards, but if it is, will there be room between the cards to route the two water tubes between them?

The picture linked above shows the two tubes running straight out the side of the card. Presumably the adjacent card would be in the way. Is this an issue? I can't imagine that an empty slot next to the card would be required. If the cooler were rotated 180 degrees, perhaps the tubes can be routed through the gap between the bracket and the case mounting plate. . .

Out of interest I looked up the MSI gaming 3 gtx 780ti mentioned above on the compatibility list and it just has an X next to it and no mention of "fan required". Does the "X" mean it is compatible or not?"

The list says your card is compatible with the bracket and it also says the x means it would need an aftermarket blower fan.

However, Dustin already came in and said that they decided to include a blower fan and make it a bundle so no one has to buy an extra blower fan.

As far as clearance between your cards I cant answer that one...

Thank you for the helpful feedback. That's good news that it is compatible and that Corsair will be supplying a blower fan with it. I look forward to hearing that they are available.

Hopefully they will post a picture of a two or more of these brackets and coolers installed right next to each other with no empty slots between them . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So clearance-wise, the HG10 is designed for you to use them in SLI with an H75 or H105 cooler, but it can be a tight fit. If you have an extra slot between the cards, you can definitely do it.

Would it be possible to just use 2 H100i's in a NZXT H440 case for a SLI setup on a ATX board with at least 1 slot available between the cards? If possible, I would rather use Corsair Link than PWM on mobo fan headers, such as with H105's.

Also, although it hasn't been mentioned in this exact thread, I'm another person who would be interested in some variant of the HG10 that's compatible with Titan X's.

No idea on the H100i's, but it may be difficult. The old school H100i has pretty short tubing, and the newer GTX model has the tubes coming out of the top of the block.

Okay, thanks for the reply. So if I were to get 2 H105's for SLI instead, could you give me an idea if the tubing would be long to have the radiators mounted both front and top in the H440?

the 100i might not be the best because of the short tubing, i have 2 ready for hg10 N780 when it comes out and was looking at how i was going to mount it and found it wouldnt reach the front of my case even with the fans mounted on it, there was about an inch n a half gap between the fans and the chassis. but my case is a full tower chassis, thermaltake V71, so you might not have this problem.

• Corsair Employee
Any updates on a release for these, what coolers would you recommend with these? Which ones have the longest tubing? I Wanna do my Titan blacks to reduce noise at full power and non-bios OC Thanks

You can actually get away with an H55, surprisingly, but an H75 has been the go-to around here. If you can move up to an H100i GTX or an H105, all the better.

So is there a way to control the gpu blower fan through a motherboard fan header. The reason I want to do this is so I can adjust the fan speed to the vrm temp instead of the gpu temp.

The GPU blower fan is controlled through the graphics card, so you need software like EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner to change it. Also note that many cards don't detect VRM temps, which is why they adjust based on the GPU temp.

Archived