Corsair Community

Corsair 760T Stealth Optical Drive Bezel

brighttail

Hello everyone!

So I got this case and it has been oh so long since I have used a stealth optical drive bezel and I was a little surprised it was included on this case. Naturally my first hope was that I could instal my LG DVD drive straight in and the bezel would fit over it with no issues. Sadly this is not the case. Sliding the LG drive into the case with the Bezel off, it ends up flush with the outer cover. I tried toying around with the mechanics to try and get the LG drive to slide just a CM back into the case with no luck. The tooless function of the case design prevents this.

I would have to pretty much take the face plate off the LG drive which I could do and put the stealth cover back on. My worry is that without that cover on the LG drive, the activation button would sit too far back in order for the stealth cover to activate it. I suppose I have to "try" it to make sure but before i do I have the following question:

Has anyone been able to use this stealth cover successfully with a newer optical drive or is there a way to override the tooless design to move my optical drive slightly back so I don't have to take off the front panel?

Any help from the techs at Corsair would be nice since there was no documentation included that said anything about this issue that i could find.

Thanks,

Brighttail

• Corsair Employee

Okay, so to remove the toolless ODD clamp, you push up on the bottom of the clamp and lift it out. That reveals standard ODD screw holes. So if you want to just avoid using the clamps, that's an option.

As for removing the stealth bezel, that would require taking the front panel off. :|

As for removing the stealth bezel, that would require taking the front panel off. :|

It is actually possible to nudge it out without removing the front panel. It doesn't have the large clamps on the back as the two other bezels, but it has little ones that you can pry with a finger nail, and slide the bezel out like the others. I just removed mine to fit an Aquaero 5 in its place. :biggrin:

Archived