Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 02:03 AM
HideNowhere's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967918
HideNowhere Reputation: 10
Default I Can't Control Fan Speeds After Using iCUE

Hi,

I downloaded (and uninstalled) iCUE to monitor my fan's and pump's RPM and since downloading iCUE I have nothing but problems that still persist after uninstalling it.

During the installation my nvidia drivers were deleted(?) and iCUE profiles took over any settings I had done through the bios or Gigabytes SIV app. I noticed that the settings in iCUE were incorrect. If I were to have set a fan to max RPM it wouldn't actually go to the max RPM. I believe it was the same if I were to lower the RPM also. I couldn't set my fan speeds to my desired settings so I tried uninstalling iCUE and this problem still persists.

No matter how or what my fan speeds are displaying as incorrect in the bios or HWMonitor or in LINK (and sometimes it shows fans that don't even exist) and I cannot control my fans RPM at all. When I boot my computer they will speed up to the their max RPM and then go back down to whatever speed they are at now. They have a mind of their own; sometimes they increase on their own and slow down on their own. I now can't play a game without crashing possibly because of overheating and I seriously need this problem fixed so any help is appreciated.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:24 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967941
DevBiker Reputation: 76

What settings in SIV did iCue take over? Were you using SIV to control your H100i V2? If so, do not do that. That will reduce the voltage going to the pump. The pump requires a full 12V at all times so the fan header that it is connected to (CPU_FAN if installed per the instructions) should be set to full speed. This is best done by disabling speed control (at least on the Asus boards) but the Gigabyte boards may do it a little differently. See the Cooler FAQ, Section B.

Second, the behavior that you are describing sounds like the fan speeds are tied to the CPU temperature. This is not the default behavior of iCue. They should be tied to the H100i V2 coolant temperature. This is also addressed in the Cooler FAQ.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:02 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967951
c-attack Reputation: 96

Can you clarify what fans you are talking about and how they are connected (motherboard, cooler fan controller, other)? Also, which software are you using now? Link or iCUE?
Old 08-10-2018, 10:00 AM
HideNowhere's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967959
HideNowhere Reputation: 10

Thanks for the responses,

When I loaded iCUE, all the fans adapted to whatever the default profile is in iCUE and I don't think those RPM settings have changed since.

The fans that I have in my pc for now are the stock fans and the fans for H100i v2. The H100i v2 is connected to CPU_FAN, and the others are connected to SYS_FAN 1 and 2 on the motherboard.

I believe the CPU Fan Speed Control is set to Full Speed and the CPU Fan Control Mode is set Voltage.

The software that I have been using now is the Gigabyte App Center's SIV. I don't really know what software would be best to use. I can download iCUE again if needed. I also have Link installed so I can use that too.

I'm unsure how to know if my fans are tied to my coolant temperature rather than CPU temperature.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:00 AM
overfixer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968196
overfixer Reputation: 10

same here i cant control h100i v2 with İCUE. its louder than before. There is no custom options etc.

Now im using corsair link and utiliy engine for keyboard. No problem.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:31 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968204
c-attack Reputation: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideNowhere View Post
Thanks for the responses,

When I loaded iCUE, all the fans adapted to whatever the default profile is in iCUE and I don't think those RPM settings have changed since.

The fans that I have in my pc for now are the stock fans and the fans for H100i v2. The H100i v2 is connected to CPU_FAN, and the others are connected to SYS_FAN 1 and 2 on the motherboard.

I believe the CPU Fan Speed Control is set to Full Speed and the CPU Fan Control Mode is set Voltage.

The software that I have been using now is the Gigabyte App Center's SIV. I don't really know what software would be best to use. I can download iCUE again if needed. I also have Link installed so I can use that too.

I'm unsure how to know if my fans are tied to my coolant temperature rather than CPU temperature.
You have two separate control systems here. Corsair Link or iCUE controls the pump and the radiator fans (when connected to the pump). That's it.

Gigabyte SIV controls your motherboard headers. It cannot control the fans on the H100i v2 or at least not in the way you want. Make sure you don't override your BIOS setting of 100% for the CPU Fan header with the SIV app. It's like turning down the wall dimmer for a ceiling fan and then wondering why the pull chain doesn't do anything. The H100i v2 needs a constant 12v to operate normally.

Without iCUE or Link running, the H100i v2 will run some default fan curve in relation to coolant temp. You won't have any direct control. You won't overheat, but it is likely to be louder than necessary.