Corsair Community

Link lighting node still in production?

Ananais

Guys,

I just realized that the lighting node is apparently out of stock everywhere including the corsair site. Is it now out of production as the commander mini has a led strip connector?

Hope not, was planning a build which would have needed a commander mini and a lighting node :/

Dustin, any chance you may have a few more details on the lighting strips?

I'm going to assume that as corsair are selling them they are light quality LED's, but if you know, could you confirm a few things for me? :)

Are they 5050 LED's?

Are the strips 8mm or 10mm wide?

What is the angle of the light output?

What is the output in lumen's per strip?

Thanks,

A

I don't know that the strips will change, RBG LED strips are fairly generic past some of the things I asked above.

As the commander mini also uses them, I would guess its more lightly the lighting kit is going to be redesigned to connect to a USB header much like the new hydro coolers, which would make the product a lot more marketable as you wouldn't need the commander mini to use it anymore.

EDIT: Or at least to use it in link and not just with the push buttons.

• Corsair Employee

The strips aren't going to change; we already released the triple-long ones. ;)

But the node itself that controls them, while not really outdated by any means and still totally useful, uses the old I2C "Corsair Link" cables we're trying to move away from.

Dustin,

Don't the strips and the lighting connection on the commander use an I2C connector as well? Will we be keeping those?

Thinking about it, on a different note, as I'm guessing we are going to keep seeing USB instead of the connecters which were being used, whats the chance of a redesigned commander with some built in USB2 headers?

Dustin,

Don't the strips and the lighting connection on the commander use an I2C connector as well? Will we be keeping those?

Thinking about it, on a different note, as I'm guessing we are going to keep seeing USB instead of the connecters which were being used, whats the chance of a redesigned commander with some built in USB2 headers?

If Corsair release a redesigned Commander Mini it will be a slap in the face of everyone who recently brought one as it was released less than a year ago.

As for moving away from the I2C Corsair Link connection, it would be insane to create a new Lighting Node without incorporating a way to connect it to the Commander Mini or previous Hydro coolers.

If Corsair release a redesigned Commander Mini it will be a slap in the face of everyone who recently brought one as it was released less than a year ago.

As for moving away from the I2C Corsair Link connection, it would be insane to create a new Lighting Node without incorporating a way to connect it to the Commander Mini or previous Hydro coolers.

Well its been stated a few times that they are moving away from that connector, so I dont imagine that being able to connect the new lighting node directly to the old coolers is going to be high on the priority list being as it wont work with any new coolers going forwards.

This is why I am wondering if they will do the same thing with the lighting node by just adding USB to it, as if Im not mistaken I2C is the only connecter the lighting node had? (Not to say to say they couldent leave the legacy I2C on it as well as adding USB).

I would actually see it as a positive change personally as all of the kit can then be used independantly without the need for the commander if you dont want it, the commander would move more into being a fan and temp controller again instead of the central hub everything is connected to.

The only problem with this is the requirement for aditional USB headers, and since the I2C ones on the commander are being phased out, I dont see why you couldent add some USB headers to it in their place. Its not like this is lightly to happen for a few years anyway.

• 2 months later...
No update yet. There's a massive amount of development going on for Link right now that I'm unfortunately unable to share.

Then by chance do you guys have one of the originals laying around I can buy? I really want one of those.

Then by chance do you guys have one of the originals laying around I can buy? I really want one of those.

I managed to get I used one on eBay a few months ago. At moment I think the only option is a CL Mini, but than can only control one set of LEDs.

• 3 weeks later...
Commander Mini and the LED strips.

So $75 worth of hardware compared to $30. Oh & it has a lot of things I don't need & 1 less LED strip? back to trying to see if I can find the Lighting Node somewhere else online....

So $75 worth of hardware compared to $30. Oh & it has a lot of things I don't need & 1 less LED strip? back to trying to see if I can find the Lighting Node somewhere else online....

Bitphenox Alchemy LED strips, but its not RBG so choose your color wisely then your stuck with it unless you buy another color lol

Archived