Corsair Community

K60 and nKRO

HuntsMitch

I was wondering how y'all achieve the 20-KRO on the K60 without using a PS2 connector. I could be incorrect, but I thought the nKRO limit for USB devices was 10 (6 non-modifier keys and 4 modifier keys). None of the reviews I could find touched on it other than reading 20-KRO off the box, and I couldn't find anything mentioned about it on the forums.

Sorry if this was addressed already!

Interesting... I am no expert on keyboard hardware/software interaction but I think one solution could be tricking the driver/OS that multiple keyboards are plugged in. Ever try plugging in multiple keyboards and pressing on the keys of both? Or maybe messing with the packets sent? I have a feeling the limitation is just from a software interface standard. Corsair probably won't give away their secrets though :P.

i'm also interested in this subject, and i know that corsair are not the first to engineer this.

Microsoft X4 can handle NKRO (as of march 2010?!) over usb , but i think only on Win 7 sp1, otherwise it can only handle 12NKRO.

Also the Ducky G2( or Noppoo) offered full NKRO over USB ,the controller emulated three keyboards.

I don't think this thread will have a closure from Corsair on this matter.

anyway i'd go with a ps2 keybord or settle with 6NKRO. I don't like things that i dont fully understand how they work...

i'm also interested in this subject, and i know that corsair are not the first to engineer this.

Microsoft X4 can handle NKRO (as of march 2010?!) over usb , but i think only on Win 7 sp1, otherwise it can only handle 12NKRO.

Also the Ducky G2( or Noppoo) offered full NKRO over USB ,the controller emulated three keyboards.

I don't think this thread will have a closure from Corsair on this matter.

anyway i'd go with a ps2 keybord or settle with 6NKRO. I don't like things that i dont fully understand how they work...

I agree =(. I hope my query doesn't sound like I'm asking for a trade secret; it's just I'm aware of what I thought was a industry standard (10KRO for USB Keyboards) and the only evidence I have that the K60 can support 20KRO is Corsair essentially saying, "yeah it does, trust us. It says so on the box!".

I was wondering how y'all achieve the 20-KRO on the K60 without using a PS2 connector. I could be incorrect, but I thought the nKRO limit for USB devices was 10 (6 non-modifier keys and 4 modifier keys). None of the reviews I could find touched on it other than reading 20-KRO off the box, and I couldn't find anything mentioned about it on the forums.

Sorry if this was addressed already!

I'm going to take a stab at this, and hope im close.:) I think the 10-kro limit is for USB 2.0. With mother boards being shipped with USB 3.0 i would think that would allow for the 20-kro. B ut thats just my observation and i could be totally off on this...

L

• Corsair Employee

Rollover is a term used to describe how many simultaneous key-presses can be reported to the PC. Multi-key rollover is advantageous for gaming, where it’s common for many keys to be pressed simultaneously.

Most USB gaming keyboards have 6-key rollover (6KRO), meaning that only 6 keys can be pressed simultaneously. You can test this yourself by simply opening Notepad and trying to press more than 6 keys simultaneously or using a key press utility like Aqua’s Keytest to see what keys are actually pressed. Some manufacturers have misunderstood the 6KRO roll over as a limitation of the USB bus and have resorted to the obsolete PS/2 interface as a workaround.

The architecture of the Vengeance series keyboards utilizes the full USB spec report length that allows for up to 20 keys to be reported simultaneously.

Archived