Corsair Community

My new RMA'd H100i has terrible temps (4770k)

toddnunez94

Hey everyone. I recently RMA'd my h100i, and I'm currently using the new one I received today. It sucks. I love corsair, but I'm having serious problems. On the H100i I RMA'd, I would hit about 75c when running prime95 at stock settings (4770K). At 4.5GHz, I would hit about 70c in Battlefield 4.

Now, on the new H100i, I hit 100c in 1 second on prime95 at stock speeds. At 4.5Ghz in Battlefield 4, it hits 80c and it will jump to 90c, back to 40c, then back up to 95c. When gaming, it jumps all around. I've never experienced this before. It normally jumps up, but at 1-2c at a time (on the H100i I RMA'd)... not 10-30c (the new H100i).

I first used the stock paste, and I thought that was the problem for such high and "jumping" temps. However, I decided to apply Arctic Silver 5 to see if it would help. It didn't. I'm getting the exact same temps. I want to mention that I have reseated and reapplied AS5 about 3 times today. Could there be a problem with my new H100i? If there is a problem, I will be very upset, as I will have to pay return shipping (again).

I have just uploaded stats on my 4770k at stock (3.9 boost). I hit 75c while playing battlefield 4 in the first 2 minutes of playing (h100i). I was getting about 80c when using the stock cooler. I know for a fact that the block is mounted correctly.

temps.PNG.32408863504ad2445b2ac3f214388041.PNG

have you checked to insure the backplate is mounted with the 2 inner cutouts facing up,,this will cause higher temps.

i see you have the k model cpu,have you ran a oc before?,,if so perhaps a voltage setting could be keeping temps up,,

id suggest resetting bios to stock settings and check temps...

hope this helps...

Thinks for all the replies. I was browsing through a forum, and they mentioned the backplate. Then I cliqued in my head... I forgot that the backplate only has one way for installation. So I popped off my back side panel, and tere was my problem. The backplate was upside down. I was in such a hurry to get my computer up and running again, I just rushed it. Temps are about the same as the one I had to RMA (broken fan controller). I felt like such a moron. I went through half a tube of AS5 lol.

Thinks for all the replies. I was browsing through a forum, and they mentioned the backplate. Then I cliqued in my head... I forgot that the backplate only has one way for installation. So I popped off my back side panel, and tere was my problem. The backplate was upside down. I was in such a hurry to get my computer up and running again, I just rushed it. Temps are about the same as the one I had to RMA (broken fan controller). I felt like such a moron. I went through half a tube of AS5 lol.

thats why were here,,,to show others the mistakes WE already made;):

glad all is good...

Archived