Corsair Community

CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 for a DX38BT?

MikePatton

Hey guys, I'm kinda lost here...

I checked the Memory Configurator for the DX38BT and it tells me to go with CMX8GX3M4B1333C9; now, looks to me like the CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 are basically the same thing (1333Mhz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V), just twice the capacity, and they even cost about the same!

This is the first time I venture over 4Gb RAM total, so I'm not sure how this thing works... sorry if I'm asking something really stupid. :confused:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
The Intel X38 Chipset will only support memory modules made with 128 By 8 memory IC's so any of our 4 gig modules will not work with that chipset. The part you stated CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 would be the max memory that will work with that MB.

• 1 month later...

OK so, I finally got the CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 kit and it's not working.

I set the times and voltage manually to 9-9-9-24 / 1.5V (I also set the frequency to 1066 like RAMGUY advised to everybody trying to run the 4 modules) and managed to run 2x2Gb in a pretty stable fashion. Further from that, nothing but fail. If I add a third stick Windows won't load and if I try with 4 sticks I get the memory error beeps (3) and won't even post. I also tried raising the MCH voltage but it didn't work.

I doubt there's anything wrong with the kit because I swapped the sticks around a couple of times and everything was cool as long I as I ran just two.

I'm not looking for speed at all, all I need is as much stability as I can get. I attached a picture of the settings, let me know what else you need.

HELP!

Untitled-1.jpg.7e5c39172b84cf2485923176de7019ac.jpg

• Corsair Employee
You might try and set the memory frequency to DDR800 but some of these older MB's would not run well with all four slots filled. If you install all four modules then reset the MB BIOS will it post and let you into the MB BIOS?

Archived