Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P with TW3X4G1333C9DHX

Ocmer

Hello,

My memory works as 1066MHz memory, but I want it to work as 1333MHz as it should do. What do I have to change in the bios? I know I have to set the latency to 9-9-9-24 (now it's 7-7-7-20). The voltage is 1.6. Do I also have to set the Memory clock to the right value? And do I have to change other things?

PS: I'm sorry for my bad English ;):

Please use the Edit System Specs link to the left and fill out your specs in more detail. Depending on your CPU, 1066 may be the max you can hit without overclocking, but there's not enough information to know that yet.

There were no errors after running Memtest86+. But the information that it gave about my processor and the settings of my RAM aren't right, does that matter? Here's a screenshot of the results:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/723/img0379oik.th.jpg

I've also made a screenshot of my RAM settings in the bios:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1711/img0381eje.th.jpg

When I set the Memory Clock to x6.66, the 1066 MHz will change into 1333 MHz. If I do that, and set the latency levels to 9-9-9-24, won't that work?

I've set the Memory Clock to x6.66 and the 1066 MHz next to the Memory Clock in my BIOS (see picture in reply #6) changed into 1333 MHz. I've also set the latency to 9-9-9-24. Memtest86+ didn't gave any errors. But my system still recognizes it as 1066 MHz RAM (in PC Wizard and Everest).

My Gigabyte motherboard supports 1333 Mhz RAM. My RAM isn't called in the Memory Support List of my motherboard, but the CM3X1024-1333C9DHX is.

I've found this information about the memory controller of my CPU:

Integrated Memory Controller

• AMD Memory Optimizer Technology

• Low-latency, high-bandwidth

• Adaptive Prefetching Support

• ECC checking with double-bit detect and single-bit correct

• Supports up to four unbuffered DIMMs

• Package AM2r2

• 144-bit DDR2 SDRAM controller operating at frequencies up to 533 MHz

• Package AM3

• 144-bit DDR3 SDRAM controller operating at frequencies up to 667 MHz

http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/46878_Phenom_II_PDS_3.04_PUB.pdf

I really don't know what the problem is. Do I have to change other settings in my bios to? Or will it never work?

• Corsair Employee

The CPU you have would meet this spec.

• 144-bit DDR2 SDRAM controller operating at frequencies up to 533 MHz

So set it to DDR1066 and if you like you can over clock the CPU to get the full performance out of the memory.

But isn't that with AM2r2 CPU's? My CPU is AM3 and my motherboard has an AM3 socket, so I would think that I have this controller:

• 144-bit DDR3 SDRAM controller operating at frequencies up to 667 MHz

These are the product details of my CPU and motherboard:

CPU details

Motherboard details

Do I really have the memory controller that you said, or am I right?

Archived