Corsair Community

Volume randomly going up and down

Tormidal

Does it automatically go up and lower? As in the Windows Audio?

Click the Speaker icon at the tray bar and does the arrow go up and down?

No, the audio itself just goes up and down. The arrows in the Corsair program, Windows Audio, and iTunes dont change at all.

See if this issue persists on another machine if possible. I've never see this before.

It might take me some time to do so, I dont have another machine readily available.

I've never had this happen before either, so I came here first thing. T_T

So you see this in all of those applications?

If so can you test them on another system and see if the problem follows the head set?

If it does I would suggest we replace them under an RMA.

Ill try to see if I can't get on another system and try them.

But I see it most definitely in Windows Media player and iTunes. Haven't checked with YouTube yet.

Have you tried the Bypass or the Dolby Headphone setting?

Does it do the same thing?

I have not. On the other hand, it has the same effect on Youtube. I shall try Bypass/Dolby now.

EDIT:

Bypass doesn't seem to have the same problem. Driver problem, maybe?

On the other hand, bass isnt as intense. :/

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Check if there are any new driver updates for your components.

Tried a different browser for the Youtube videos? Latest Flash?

As mentioned, test the headset on a different computer, This will allow us to know if the headset is faulty or it is something else.

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Check if there are any new driver updates for your components.

Tried a different browser for the Youtube videos? Latest Flash?

As mentioned, test the headset on a different computer, This will allow us to know if the headset is faulty or it is something else.

Reinstalled the drivers, all my stuff is up to date. Haven't had the chance to try it on another machine yet. :/

Er.. hate to maybe point this out sometimes my volume will go up / down because the volume control switch on the cord, which always seems to dangle just at the same height as my desk, gets squashed against the side of it!??

Please forgive me for saying this if it's not true!

Er.. hate to maybe point this out sometimes my volume will go up / down because the volume control switch on the cord, which always seems to dangle just at the same height as my desk, gets squashed against the side of it!??

Please forgive me for saying this if it's not true!

I have noticed that, but luckily my chair is just at the right height to where it can sit on my desk.

• 1 year later...
HELLO!!! so i own corsair SP2500 ever since it came out, had a problem with the controller where the screen was just white and didn't show anything, so i switched it for a new one about 2 years back using the warranty and now this new controller started to randomly increase volume. Its very rare about once or twice a month. Is there a fix for that? maybe update firmware because whats the point of the micro usb on the controller?

Archived