Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 sound issue

driveandkill

Hello guys!

I bought my Vengeance 2000 around 3 weeks ago at the shop that I found on the corsair site called Alternate. When it arrived I didnt have any big problems with the sound only a few sound issues on the right side when watching videos but that happend just a few times in the start. Now it starts to get alot worse youtube videos are ALOT louder on the left side and games also start to get louder on the left side! I tried to change USB Ports but that didnt help. Is this problem common? Can I do something about it? Or do I have to send my headset back? I really love the Vengeance 2000 and I would hate to send it back :/

I made this account to post a new thread about this EXACT same issue with the problem occurring on the opposite side of the headphones for me and this occurred straight from the box. I just bought my Vengeance 2000's on Friday from Newegg. Got them and opened them up yesterday and immediately noticed the sound in the right headphone was louder and sounded how I thought they should sound while the left side sounds flat with no bass. The problem becomes very obvious as you turn the volume up as only the right side vibrates from bass and the left side doesn't. I had started a ticket through corsair support but have not heard any feedback at all about it. I noticed a little clicking noise when pressing the headphones to my ears on the left side that could also be contributing to the problem. I am however disappointed that my first pair of headphones from corsair turned out to be duds as I doubt this is a software issue and something only an RMA will solve. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one as I have searched all over google and corsair forums for anyone else encountering the same problem and found not a single one. I don't mean to be long winded or come off as a thread jacker I just want some attention to this!

Damned I was going to send my headset back today but now when I took it off my head the side that had the sound issues broke almost eniterely off!!! Now I wont get a reclaim... I didnt do anything bad to the headset always been careful with it and now it breaks from taking it off my head? It seemed very sturdy. Is it possible that it had something like a hairline crack? Do you guys know if this happens due to shipping?

Yeah I already contacted the customer support and also printed the RMA page. I had to note where I live and stuff and also what has happend why I want to send it back which was the lower bass and sound on the right side/way to high sound on the left side. Doesnt the side that fell off now make an RMA impossible?

*Edit* Also only the inner side of the headset has the crack the other side with the silver colour is still perfectly fine

Its been 4 days now no response via Email yet if I try to check RMA status it sends me back to creating a case and the 2 other options. Please I really want to get this done!

I have checked the thread " If you have submitted the RMA on line and have not got a reply!" but its been 8 years since that thread now I dont know if thats still up to date but heres my case number.

Case number: 4994730

• Corsair Employee
Its been 4 days now no response via Email yet if I try to check RMA status it sends me back to creating a case and the 2 other options. Please I really want to get this done!

I have checked the thread " If you have submitted the RMA on line and have not got a reply!" but its been 8 years since that thread now I dont know if thats still up to date but heres my case number.

Case number: 4994730

Its actually only been 3 days since you put in a ticket ;):

But I apologize for the delay (there can be a backlog sometimes) and I have approved your RMA. Follow the directions in the email that is sent to you and you can proceed with the exchange.

• Corsair Employee
So I wasnt able to find the Lot code and the Serial number hope this isnt gonna be a problem.

Just put NA for both fields. And yes if you're in Germany, the hub you'll be mailing it to will be in the Netherlands.

Archived