Corsair Community

Corsair Link doesn't see H100i, but it did at one time.

Neoky

I installed a H100i and mechanically, it seems to be working fine. And much more attractive than my old stock cooling fan. I downloaded the Corsair Link software and installed. Everything worked fine for a few hours. While I was trying my hand at adjusting a profile, moving icons (you know, the normal stuff you do when you get new software) I noticed that the LED icon was empty (icon and name visible, but no indication of color) and could not be controlled. After a few restarts I gave up and reinstalled the software. Now the Corsair Link software does not see the H100i at all.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but no difference. The cooler seems to be working but I can't control any of its functions as I could after the initial install.

Are there any suggestions on how I can return to the initial conditions that allowed the software to work as intended?

Any ideas about what I did that somehow changed the state of my equipment? (so I won't do it again)

Very frustrating, actually.

Thanks

Thanks,

I switched the USB cable from one header to another. The H100i is now recognized.

But now I'm curious (and yes, I know that it kills cats) why that works?

another device is probably sharing the resources for that port,,,mouse,keyboard,flash drive ect...

I'm having this same problem, but I've tried it on all the open USB headers on my motherboard and no luck. It used to show up fine, but after I removed it to swap out CPU's and then reinstall it now the software doesn't recognize it. And I don't see it anywhere in the device manager, either. Any ideas?

I'm having this same problem, but I've tried it on all the open USB headers on my motherboard and no luck. It used to show up fine, but after I removed it to swap out CPU's and then reinstall it now the software doesn't recognize it. And I don't see it anywhere in the device manager, either. Any ideas?

i would unplug and plug it again and or try your other header,have you connected any new usb devices lately,inside or external

I tried all of the headers on my board and no luck with an of them. But my other USB devices work fine when plugged into those headers, so it's not a header hardware issue. I also tried deleting the device (it's showing up in device manager with a yellow triangle) and then reinstall it, but it said "the device has malfunctioned and has been stopped by windows".

So then I got a novel idea - instead of plugging it into a header on my motherboard, I just got a regular MiniUSB->USB cable and ran it around to one of the USB ports on the outiside of my case - and viola! It works! It doesn't make sense why it wouldn't work with a USB header though, becuase like I said I know the headers work just fine. And the first H100i that I installled worked fine with the CorsairLINK software on the header (I had to RMA it because it just stopped working after a few days).

So far I'm not really impressed with this system. First one dies, second one doesn't get recognized on the USB headers like it should. I guess I can just route a USB cable to the exterior of my case through one of the holes that is there for cooling tubes....or I could just give up on this and get a regular liquid cooling system.

• Corsair Employee
Also, I just noticed (now that it's recognized by the software) that this one I got is version 1.0.0, whereas the last one I got was 1.0.4. How do I update the firmware? I don't see a file download for the firmware anywhere on the product page.

If the cooler is detected using 1.0.0, stick with it for now and soon enough, we'll release a newer version of the FW. 1.04 is not something that I would recommend at this point.

Any idea why my unit is instantly recognized when I plug it into a USB port on the back panel of my motherboard using a regular USB cable, but when I plug it into the USB header on the mobo it gives me a device error? I know the headers work fine because I have had other things plugged into them without a problem, and the original H100i that I had (which I had to RMA) was recognized just fine. I have even tried uninstalling it and deleting the device drivers, but after I reboot and Windows reinstalls it I get the same error. Is it possibly a faulty cable? That's the only thing I can think of that would make sense.

It might be the BIOS not detecting the unit properly.

I wouldn't think it's a BIOS problem, because it's the Windows OS which detects the unit and install the appropriate device driver. And it does detect it and attempt to install the driver, but then it gives an error message saying the device has stopped working or malfunctioned. But when I plug it into a regular USB port on the back of the mobo (using a different cable, obviously) it gets recognized just fine. I just find it incredibly odd that it detected and installed my first H100i just fine, and the only difference between this unit and the last one is that the first one came with firmware v1.04 and this one has v1.0.

I'm half tempted to flash this one with the v1.04 and see if it works, but based on the comment above I shouldn't do that.

I had this issue and I honestly have no idea what I did to solve it. All I can really say to this is make sure everything is plugged in completely secure. I think my USB cable may have been sliding out a bit from the pump. Again, not sure how I fixed it, but it was recognized after one reboot.

• Corsair Employee
Is it possibly a faulty cable? That's the only thing I can think of that would make sense.

Yes, it is possible that you may have a faulty cable. But try to hot plug the USB connector from the header while the system is running, see if that makes a difference.

Yes, it is possible that you may have a faulty cable. But try to hot plug the USB connector from the header while the system is running, see if that makes a difference.

I have tried plugging it in while the system is running, as well as while it's powered off. When I plug it in while it's running I get a pop-up notice saying that a new device is detected, then Windows tries to install the driver, but after a few seconds I get an error message saying the device has malfunctioned or stopped working. When I do it with the system off, once I power it on it just shows up in the device manager with the <!> next to it. But when I connected it to the external USB port it worked instantly, so I know it's not a problem with the pump.

And I have tried disconnecting & reconnecting the cables multiple times, so I don't think it's a loose cable causing the problem. Maybe I'll see if they can send me a replacement cable.

• 1 month later...
I tried all of the headers on my board and no luck with an of them. But my other USB devices work fine when plugged into those headers, so it's not a header hardware issue. I also tried deleting the device (it's showing up in device manager with a yellow triangle) and then reinstall it, but it said "the device has malfunctioned and has been stopped by windows".

So then I got a novel idea - instead of plugging it into a header on my motherboard, I just got a regular MiniUSB->USB cable and ran it around to one of the USB ports on the outiside of my case - and viola! It works! It doesn't make sense why it wouldn't work with a USB header though, becuase like I said I know the headers work just fine. And the first H100i that I installled worked fine with the CorsairLINK software on the header (I had to RMA it because it just stopped working after a few days).

So far I'm not really impressed with this system. First one dies, second one doesn't get recognized on the USB headers like it should. I guess I can just route a USB cable to the exterior of my case through one of the holes that is there for cooling tubes....or I could just give up on this and get a regular liquid cooling system.

Thank you! I had intended to RMA this as over 2 months I was unable to get it recognized by CorsairLINK. Your discovery worked for me as well. Simple USB cable through the case cooling grommet to an external USB port and now I can at last get some feed back on this device and control it.

Had I read these forums first prior to buying rather than relying on expert video reviews...

Now if only it cooled as well as the hype raised my expectations.

Archived