Corsair Community

Hello there mechanical keyboard enthusiasts, I bought my K70 LUX RGB like one week ago and came to the realization that it's nearly impossible to make a continuous wave effect due to the fact that when the timer of the effect resets the keyboard goes black. I saw some post of a continuous rainbow wave but I can't seem to find any posts for different colors (nor am I able to pull off something like that, it looked like it was coded or something of the sort).

If there is someone who has a continuous wave effect with different colors (3 or 4 colors, or even 2) please share it here and if possible please explain where changes should be made in order to change the colors. I thank you in advance, have a great day y'all!

Hello there mechanical keyboard enthusiasts, I bought my K70 LUX RGB like one week ago and came to the realization that it's nearly impossible to make a continuous wave effect due to the fact that when the timer of the effect resets the keyboard goes black. I saw some post of a continuous rainbow wave but I can't seem to find any posts for different colors (nor am I able to pull off something like that, it looked like it was coded or something of the sort).

If there is someone who has a continuous wave effect with different colors (3 or 4 colors, or even 2) please share it here and if possible please explain where changes should be made in order to change the colors. I thank you in advance, have a great day y'all!

Maybe try separating the keyboard into 3 separate zones with 3 separate waves, to give the look that its continuous, as soon as wave 1 ends, wave 2 picks up where wave 1 left off and than wave 1 starts over etc..

I agree that using the wave effect in Advanced mode to allow for the lighting to be continous without a blank interval is problematic; Basic mode is easier. You can, however, implement your desired lighting by hand-animation of the entire effect, but this is tedious. Examples have been posted on the forum; you may wish to do a search for the megarainbow thread to see the technique in action, whereby every single key has a separate looping animation which will give the effect of coordinated lighting across the keyboard, which you would do for a wave.

Corsair Frame by Frame may be useful as well as the animation tutorial.

Archived