Corsair Community

ML120 Pro nightmare

jayhayes

hi ive just got 3 ml120 with lighting node.

confused in how to get them working ive pluged everything in i can get them working but the speeds are everywhere up and down also the rgb isn't working the node comes up in the software and fans spin wild but thats it

any help im a novice so bear with

There are two cables with the RGB Fans - 1 for power/RPM/speed control and one for RGB.

Where do you have the power cable plugged in?

Regarding the RGB, you need to add the fans to the lighting channel; they aren't auto-detected.

Take a look at the RGB FAQ and my videos, linked below.

one goes into the motherboard and on goes into the node. dont know witch way around they are mate

And that's why suggested that you check the RGB FAQ; there are pictures so you know what you are working with.

The one to the motherboard should be power and control. The one that goes into the RGB Fan Hub will be for LED. The Fan Hub needs to be connected to a channel on the Lighting Node Pro. This should be connected with a 3-pin cable with 2 wires that came in the box. The Lighting Node Pro then connects to your motherboard via a USB header.

At the end of it, if all of that is correct, you need to configure the lighting channel. I did mention that in my first reply but you haven't answered it.

OK, things look like they are wired up correctly.

First, can you confirm that both the fan hub and the lighting node pro are connected to SATA power? Any converters in the line?

Second, try swapping the fans between 1 & 2.

Third, try swapping the Lighting Channel on the Node. Of course, you'll have to reconfigure it in iCue.

So ... nothing on either channel?

I'm inclined to think that the NoPro may be bad but it could also be the fan hub. It's also (possibly) the fans themselves but I think that's less likely in this case.

I'd suggest creating a support ticket at this point. Or, if you just got them, exchanging with the retailer may be quicker.

Hey, hey!

I see there is one effect under Lighting Channel 1, has it been applied and each LED of the fan highlighted to make use of the effect in iCUE?

Left fan is spinning, but no effects applied to it.

Right fan is spinning, and has effects applied to it.

icueonoff.jpg.cebb6af70fefac09f385ca78a701e3ab.jpg

Archived